Things to do in Miami night before cruise

Elsammo46

There seems to be an overwhelming things to do in Miami, so I'll put this out there for suggestions. What are some of y'alls favorite spots or things to do the night before your cruise in Miami. I'm a single guy in my mid-20s who loves chic restaurants and cool bars just to give ya a demographic. Thanks so much! 

Edited by Elsammo46

We’ll be departing from Miami in about a month’s time and literally have one night in New York City, then a flight down to Miami and then one night there before our cruise (after a flight all the way from Australia via Japan, no less- thankfully in Business class at least).

We always love the vibe in South Beach so we’re booked ourselves a room at the lovely Hyatt Centric Miami Beach and will hit a few bars on the ocean strip before heading to bed. I fear we’ll be crazily jet lagged but a couple of cocktails and maybe a bite to eat should be possible- it’s not that we get Miami every other day from down here. And the atmosphere there right by the ocean with all those pretty art deco buildings and the buzzing nightlife is pretty neat- right up there somewhere in the top 10 with our favourite places on this planet for us so we wouldn’t miss it for anything.

No sure about evening but we walked over to Bayside Marketplace first thing the morning of our cruise in 2020 and got tickets for a boat tour of the millionaires homes. It was really nice. Had breakfast on the water while waiting for the boat. Still got to the ship around noonish.

• Thanks 1

Last time, we went down to Calle Ocho & picked a random restaurant in Little Havana.  Ate dinner & then strolled.  Took a few pictures of the street murals & whatnot.  We were approximately as jetlagged as @Sydneyberlin so didn't have the energy for much more, but it helped get us on local time.      

• Thanks 2

A long time ago when I was in my 20s and single, South Beach was just getting very big. I would head that way. However, the night before the cruise, I want a good night sleep to enjoy the ship and cruise. I do remember being out until 5AM and up at 9AM to start the next day. Body doesn't recover that way anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

A long time ago when I was in my 20s and single, South Beach was just getting very big. I would head that way. However, the night before the cruise, I want a good night sleep to enjoy the ship and cruise. I do remember being out until 5AM and up at 9AM to start the next day. Body doesn't recover that way anymore.

Agreed, now that i am almost 44 going out the night before a cruise consist of dinner and bringing ber back to the room. Wife and I have a rule, no hangover on embarkation day lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Agreed, now that i am almost 44 going out the night before a cruise consist of dinner and bringing ber back to the room. Wife and I have a rule, no hangover on embarkation day lol

We'll have a good time and a teenager in tow, so have to do some things. But right about when midnight hits, I am done the night before a cruise. I only sleep 4-5 hours, so I can get going again early in the morning.