Venezia deck 2 balcony vs. Terrazza Inside cabin deck 5

mominwestlake

Hello.  I am looking to book a September cruise on the Venezia.  The only Terrazza cabin left is an inside, but you still get the perks of the Terrazza area.
And the only balcony left is cabin 2386.  I can't tell what is directly above the cabin and if there would be noise.  Price is the exact same.  I would love any input for what cabin to choose and why.  Thank you!

If you choose the deck 2 balcony, it will be a cove balcony.  I love cove balconies, but make sure you don’t get one under the galley, which can be quite noisy.  Look at the deck 3 plan and look at the large gray area between the 2 restaurants.  You would want to avoid a deck 2 cabin below that area.  Being below the either of the restaurants would be fine because they’re carpeted to muffle the sound, and they’re closed at night.

From what I can tell cabin 2386 is under the galley.  And unfortunately that is the only cabin left that I can choose myself.  

As to the Terrazza area, I wouldn't use a pool anyway.  The seating area looks nice but I am not sure about an inside cabin.  

I am surprised this cruise has so few cabins left- except for inside cabins.  

We booked a September cruise on the same ship, we could only choose from Terazza, Cove balcony or one balcony all the way up on deck 14. We chose that one and have since found out that it has no roof. I hope the weather is nice.

I was surprised that this ship has sold out so fast, considering that so much of it is unknown.

Runner15km,

Thanks for the post as I was beginning to reconsider our room choice.

This is our first time in a cove balcony and we are under the galley.

Room was chosen for us by Carnival when they switched ships from the Magic to Venezia.

Glad to hear noise wasn’t an issue. Hope it’s the same for us.

Edited by MDcruzin_24601

On 3/16/2023 at 8:52 AM, AFS1970 said:

I was surprised that this ship has sold out so fast, considering that so much of it is unknown.

i am booked for August on this ship, and when i booked, i booked the Magic which is a larger ship.  i'm sure some of the sold-outnesss is due to carnival finding space for all the magic cruisers to fit into this ship.   when i booked magic, the suites were already sold out at that point and the Venetzia has even fewer suites, so i'm curious if someone had to give up a suite.  

On 3/17/2023 at 5:01 PM, pyropoodle said:

i am booked for August on this ship, and when i booked, i booked the Magic which is a larger ship.  i'm sure some of the sold-outnesss is due to carnival finding space for all the magic cruisers to fit into this ship.   when i booked magic, the suites were already sold out at that point and the Venetzia has even fewer suites, so i'm curious if someone had to give up a suite.  

Actually, the Venezia is a a Vista class ship and is larger in tonnage and capacity than the Magic, which is a Dream class. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, mominwestlake said:

Cabin 2474 opened up- an aft cabin and my friend put that on hold.  But to me the railing at the back of the ship that is beyond the balcony railing would be annoying?  Has anyone ever stayed in that cabin?

Not sure anyone has stayed in that room as the ship has never sailed under Carnival.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...