Embarkation from Port Canaveral

adlb1300

We are coming up on the date that we can start checking in for our upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral which has me thinking of which embarkation time slot would be best. We will be on the NCL Escape and are staying in the Haven. Ideally we would like to get on the boat as soon as possible but also do not want to just sit around in the terminal for hours. So my question is has anyone recently cruised out of Port Canaveral who can provide an idea of how long it has been taking to get through security so I can guage when we should be trying to arrive at the port? 

Thanks

Getting through security and getting checked in should be quick in the Haven, but you will still have to wait for the ship to be cleared if you are too early.  Depending on what terminal you board from the Haven waiting area may be small and get quite crowded.  

Edited by Karaboudjan

We sailed the Escape last week also.

We arrived at 12:10, and were on the ship in 25 minutes, so before 12:45.

The line looks long and of course snakes around.  But it moves steadily.

We have found getting there early and sitting around isn't for us.  But as Haven cruiser, you will have your own waiting area with drinks and snacks.  We noticed it as we walked by after check in.

Have fun! 

4 hours ago, adlb1300 said:

We are coming up on the date that we can start checking in for our upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral which has me thinking of which embarkation time slot would be best. We will be on the NCL Escape and are staying in the Haven. Ideally we would like to get on the boat as soon as possible but also do not want to just sit around in the terminal for hours. So my question is has anyone recently cruised out of Port Canaveral who can provide an idea of how long it has been taking to get through security so I can guage when we should be trying to arrive at the port? 

Thanks

Haven boarding will start around 11:00. Arrive at 10:00. 

2 hours ago, mimi05052012 said:

We sailed on the Prima from PC on 2/26. Had 10am check in time. We left the Radisson at 9:50 and were on board with drink in hand before 10:30. Sapphire level but not staying in haven.  Easiest embarkation ever!

Great information!  We have never sailed from PC before.

Does anyone know what is earliest time to disembark the ship?  Any strategies on when to get in line?

(I know we will need to carry off our own luggage.  We usually are among the last off the ship, but with our airline changing our flight to an earlier one, we need to make an 8am shuttle.)

9 hours ago, mimi05052012 said:

We sailed on the Prima from PC on 2/26. Had 10am check in time. We left the Radisson at 9:50 and were on board with drink in hand before 10:30. Sapphire level but not staying in haven.  Easiest embarkation ever!

Did you have a car?  If not who did you use to get to the port?

• Like 1