No drinks package offered!

sxphil

Rather strange but we are doing 2day Taster cruise on the Anthem out of Southampton (No been on this class so thought we would try it before booking something longer)

We will survive on our 4 free drinks and our on-board credit, but it seems strange no package is being offered other than water

Is this because these are turning into Booze cruises?

26 minutes ago, sxphil said:

Rather strange but we are doing 2day Taster cruise on the Anthem out of Southampton (No been on this class so thought we would try it before booking something longer)

We will survive on our 4 free drinks and our on-board credit, but it seems strange no package is being offered other than water

They have not offered drluxe drinks packages on sailing under 3n from Southampton for many many years. Because of the booze cruise; stag/hen night crowd.

You can however buy deluxe drinks packages on short sailings from any other port 🤷‍♀️

And remember 1️⃣ bottle of wine per person can be taken onboard too. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sxphil said:

Given the latest package prices you could still turn it into a booze cruise without the drink package and save money.

• Like 2

perhaps it's just temporarily unavailable?

We're on the June 4th cruise on Anthem, the Canaries. DP's have disappeared on some days, reappear the next. Same with Internet!

Edited by jencruzin

1 hour ago, jencruzin said:

perhaps it's just temporarily unavailable?

We're on the June 4th cruise on Anthem, the Canaries. DP's have disappeared on some days, reappear the next. Same with Internet!

Definitely not for sale on ex-UK short cruises 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 6:02 AM, sxphil said:

We certainly had it on the Indy in 2019 

If it stops booze cruise then fair enough and yes 2 bottles of wine on the list as well

Nothing will stop booze cruises other than welding the gates on the bars shut. They were in full swing (pun thoroughly intended) long before drink packages existed.😋🍺🍺😱

I've got no data other than personal experience to support this, but it seems fairly clear that most people with drink packages "optimize" the value of the package on the first 1-3 days before settling into a more moderate consumption pattern. Heck, on debarkation day of an 8-nt I just finished, I said to myself "No, I really don't need a bellini this morning". Royal knows this, and doesn't sell packages on short cruises.