Is anyone else just totally over cruising? Rant on recent cruise (Independence), bad service, food, FLU

aimcat

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat so true. I was just looking at a couple of cruises to make a B2B out Tampa for March 2025. 

I am happy about the 8 night on Constellation that goes to New Orleans from Tampa.  Have never cruised up the Mississippi before to get there, and have not been to New Orleans for many years. Though we did enjoy our B2B 7 night legs on Serenade this last January out of Tampa. 

Wish we could join you!  We are doing a B2B (total 45 days) in Australia/NZ/Taz/Indonesia in March 2025.  Big bucket list trip rebooked now for the 3rd time with the two previous having been cancelled.  😮   

But this time.....Viking got that business, not going for the "three strikes you're out" with RCI.  😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I am happy about the 8 night on Constellation that goes to New Orleans from Tampa.  Have never cruised up the Mississippi before to get there, and have not been to New Orleans for many years. Though we did enjoy our B2B 7 night legs on Serenade this last January out of Tampa. 

Wish we could join you!  We are doing a B2B (total 45 days) in Australia/NZ/Taz/Indonesia in March 2025.  Big bucket list trip rebooked now for the 3rd time with the two previous having been cancelled.  😮   

But this time.....Viking got that business, not going for the "three strikes you're out" with RCI.  😉 

We spoke with a couple on our last cruise and they really like Viking. The entire package. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

We spoke with a couple on our last cruise and they really like Viking. The entire package. 

Thanks!  That is good to know.  We have invested in three longer cruises with them already.  The reviews are really good.  🙂 

Royal is losing more than just us....sadly.  Things have not changed for the better with them IMHO, unfortunately.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We still like rccl but we sail oasis class in a full suite and buy UDP , don’t recall week drinks on any of our many cruises if they are you can order a straight shot if you have drink package and add it. Oasis class has the best entertainment period.

However we sail more on celebrity suites now more of a adult cruise with way less children and if edge class fantastic outdoor retreat area, also enjoy MSc yacht club great suite perks and outdoor area, plus best private island dining.

• 3 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 3:07 PM, karena1 said:

With you.  I have all our cruises booked through April 2025.  Then I watch for price drops and get a lot depending on the ship.  I pretty much book as soon as itins come out.

A little off topic but is there still somewhere you can check cruise price changes?

We also book right after itineraries.

4 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

A little off topic but is there still somewhere you can check cruise price changes?

We also book right after itineraries.

Just go to the Royal website and do a mock booking.  It will give you the current price and then you can compare the difference.