Global Entry Renewal

klfrodo

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The day after what? Filing your app? Doing your interview?

Not "grandma knows best", but my husband and I had the same experience last July.  We submitted our renewals at the same time, expecting the very worst, and by mid-morning the next day, I got an email that mine was approved, and my husband's approval came in a few hours after that.  No interview, nothing else to do.  

1 hour ago, Z'Loth said:

Just make sure you update your trusted traveler number on your airline profile. 

At my renewal, the number stayed the same.

Passport numbers, OTOH, do change and you need to update your TT number to be linked to a new passport.

7 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

At my renewal, the number stayed the same.

Passport numbers, OTOH, do change and you need to update your TT number to be linked to a new passport.

We interviewed at ATL on the way back from an overseas trip.  It was seamless and the numbers stayed the same.  I don't remember linking my new passport (Issued 2021) to my new GE (2022), but there have been no issues.  I guess I should consider myself lucky.

10 minutes ago, marieps said:

We interviewed at ATL on the way back from an overseas trip.  It was seamless and the numbers stayed the same.  I don't remember linking my new passport (Issued 2021) to my new GE (2022), but there have been no issues.  I guess I should consider myself lucky.

It's when you get a new passport AFTER receiving your TT number.  The passport doesn't automatically have the TT attached, so you need to add that new PP number.  In your case, you had the PP, then got the TT  - reverse order.

8 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

It's when you get a new passport AFTER receiving your TT number.  The passport doesn't automatically have the TT attached, so you need to add that new PP number.  In your case, you had the PP, then got the TT  - reverse order.

Ah..Thanks for that.  We were very fortunate to get our PPs before the big backlog.

12 hours ago, Z'Loth said:

You know, interestingly enough, I was prepared for that, and our numbers stayed the same.  

On 1/25/2024 at 7:42 AM, Z'Loth said:

The norm is to keep the same number on renewals.