Public transportation (Uber/Taxi/Shuttle) in Florida pre-cruise & booster seat ?

klfrodo

Long flight and will require transportation from FLL to hotel, maybe around town, then to port.

One child (6yo) legally requires a booster seat in our State.

Unknown what the regulations are in FL. nor do we know what in reality is required.

Very aware that safety is vitally important, but also aware that sometimes we all measure risk vs. reward.

Do we need to carry around a booster seat for a total 1 hour seat time vs. a 10 day holiday?

57 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Long flight and will require transportation from FLL to hotel, maybe around town, then to port.

One child (6yo) legally requires a booster seat in our State.

Unknown what the regulations are in FL. nor do we know what in reality is required.

Very aware that safety is vitally important, but also aware that sometimes we all measure risk vs. reward.

Do we need to carry around a booster seat for a total 1 hour seat time vs. a 10 day holiday?

Legally she won’t need anything, maybe get a blow up backless booster?

My kids hated the bubblebum, but maybe it will work better for yours?  You can buy it, inflate it and try and return it if it doesn't work out for your kids.  Its very light and convenient, but not as comfortable as a regular car seat (at least according to my kids)

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

My kids hated the bubblebum, but maybe it will work better for yours?  You can buy it, inflate it and try and return it if it doesn't work out for your kids.  Its very light and convenient, but not as comfortable as a regular car seat (at least according to my kids)

The OP says it’s for an hour, I think a 6 year old can handle it.

On 3/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, klfrodo said:

yes.

Do you know why a 6 yo child needs a booster? A booster boosts them to a height at which the seat belt will fit them well enough to save their life. You know, instead of cutting them in half.

On 3/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, klfrodo said:

also aware that sometimes we all measure risk vs. reward.

when the reward is your child's life or them not being disabled for the rest of their life, I think it pays for itself.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:51 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yes.

Do you know why a 6 yo child needs a booster? A booster boosts them to a height at which the seat belt will fit them well enough to save their life. You know, instead of cutting them in half.

when the reward is your child's life or them not being disabled for the rest of their life, I think it pays for itself.

Obviously you didn't read flhokie's post regarding FL state law.

If "Safety" was the #1 priority in life for children, we wouldn't have to consider giving them body armor when they go to school would we?