Norwegian Dawn Review Finally Posted

Dolphins

Still not sure why you did not post it here . Immediate feedback is always better then the reviews that appear weeks after the fact.

The main reason I use the Member's Review section is that it is more easily retrievable if anybody wants to access it six months from now in planning a similar cruise on the same ship with the same itinerary. Anybody planning an 11 day Western Caribbean cruise next winter on the Dawn would have no trouble finding my review in the Member's Reviews section. If I posted it here, it would disappear in a week.

You can post your review here and on the official member review page.

That is in fact what many people do. I agree over time any review posted on the boards becomes hard to find. A review is of the most value to those cruising shortly after the cruise.

Two year old reviews may in fact have nothing in common with the ship today. It is fun to go back and read old reviews and watch the changes. Both the Sun and the Star were blasted in early reviews and over time became member favorites.

The net there is value in posting feedback/reviews in both places. Never understood the posts "just returned from XXXX ship and submitted my review" What should be added you will be able to read it in 2 months when it is old news.

Dolphins - BTW great review. Thank you for taking the time to create and share it.

Hi Dolphins!

I was just checking the other day to see if your review had finally appeared, so thanks for the heads up. Very nice complete review. You and Ann are getting to be fixtures on the Dawn deck 11!

Made me want to be back onboard with those lamb chops!:D

We, too, would love to see your reviews also submitted to the main bd since you write them in such a timely manner.

Unlike you, I've (unfortunately) never submitted a review to the Members Review section, mainly because of the unwieldy nature of some of them! (too long and don't fit the "format" of "embarkation, the ship, food, entertainment and fitness). This time with my Jewel review, perhaps there is a way to submit over there regardless.

I know - next time we sail with you and Ann, we'll do a joint review and take turns submitting.;)

One other important thing to remember is the member reviews on the official page are counted toward an overall rating of the ship. If you submit an official review, you rate the cruise and when members seek out reviews, they see the overall rating. If you only submit a review here, your rating doesn't count. So submit in both places and make your rating count. I think that's why there are so many posts that start out, "Why so many bad reviews of..." It's because members read the official reviews and ratings and not everyone submits an official review. Most of the time it's the people with bad reviews that take the time to post their review on the official page.

Good point, Cecilia. I'll definitely check it out.

The real reason for coming back on is to say GREAT new photo! Nathan is really developing his unique features now, but one thing that remains the same is the face like a cherub.:D

Hope he doesn't have too many aunties pinching his cheeks.;)

One other important thing to remember is the member reviews on the official page are counted toward an overall rating of the ship. If you submit an official review, you rate the cruise and when members seek out reviews, they see the overall rating. If you only submit a review here, your rating doesn't count. So submit in both places and make your rating count. I think that's why there are so many posts that start out, "Why so many bad reviews of..." It's because members read the official reviews and ratings and not everyone submits an official review. Most of the time it's the people with bad reviews that take the time to post their review on the official page.

Being the obedient soul that I am, I have followed your lead, and just posted my review "officially". :D Thanks for the great advice. ;)

Hi Dolphins -

Just to let you know, we also loved Impressions and dined there every night except one (an awful experience at Cagneys). We had Alexandra and Edith every night as our servers and they were *wonderful*. On the last night, Edith even sang to us in the dining room (we had just gotten engaged and she wanted to cruise to end on an extra special note for us).

Christian was also terrific - especially since we have an issue with food allergies - and between him and Anthony ("Lord Nelson" :D ) they made sure everything was perfect.

Truly a wonderful experience - we're doing the ship for our honeymoon next year!

Hi Dolphins -

Just to let you know, we also loved Impressions and dined there every night except one (an awful experience at Cagneys). We had Alexandra and Edith every night as our servers and they were *wonderful*. On the last night, Edith even sang to us in the dining room (we had just gotten engaged and she wanted to cruise to end on an extra special note for us).

Christian was also terrific - especially since we have an issue with food allergies - and between him and Anthony ("Lord Nelson" :D ) they made sure everything was perfect.

Truly a wonderful experience - we're doing the ship for our honeymoon next year!

So happy to hear others also appreciated Christian, Alexandra and Edith in Impressions. Did you catch Edith in the cast show? She did a great rendition of "I Will Survive." Glad you enjoyed the Dawn and will be returning to her again. We are already booked for January 2007 for our annual Dawn winter getaway (our 5th). The best thing about the Dawn is the wonderful people who work on her.

The real reason for coming back on is to say GREAT new photo! Nathan is really developing his unique features now' date=' but one thing that remains the same is the face like a cherub.:D

Hope he doesn't have too many aunties pinching his cheeks.;)[/quote'] Yes, he's got quite a set of chubby cheeks. :D And he's definitely developing a unique personality. He'll be five months old next week. How time flies... Now if we could just potty train him NOW...he'd be a total joy. LOL Thanks for keeping up with his photos. Stay tuned for another in a few days. I took a great one tonight after his bath.

Thanks!

Enjoyed your review:)

Now, if they'd just bring back the Presidents menu;)

Also missed the President's Menu, especially Reagan's Rack of Lamb. I was told by NCL that they were licensed to have the President's Menu for a certain period of time and that it had now expired. I hope they can bring it back as it was very popular.

Also missed the President's Menu, especially Reagan's Rack of Lamb. I was told by NCL that they were licensed to have the President's Menu for a certain period of time and that it had now expired. I hope they can bring it back as it was very popular.

We also enjoyed Reagan's rack of lamb!

Interesting info., do they have to pay for the license for the President's menu?

Here I was, blaming the chef:confused:

Golly,

I guess the review I sent in of the SPIRIT got lost! It has been at least a month since I sent it. :(

I also havent gotten my CC T-shirt for having the photo of the week... I feel very "unspecial"... :o

~Intrepid[/quote

My Dawn review was submitted on February 3rd and not posted until March 11th. They seem to have a big backlog

We also enjoyed Reagan's rack of lamb!

Interesting info., do they have to pay for the license for the President's menu?

Here I was, blaming the chef:confused:

I know there was a cook book that went along with the menu so it may have been licensed but last time I checked you did not need a license to serve rack of lamb.:rolleyes: :D

I know there was a cook book that went along with the menu so it may have been licensed but last time I checked you did not need a license to serve rack of lamb.:rolleyes: :D

Good point. Looks like a good reason to delete an expensive and popular entree.

Good point. Looks like a good reason to delete an expensive and popular entree.

Expensive yes. Popular perhaps not. Many enjoyed it including myself but less then 10% of the US population eats lamb.

I still bet that beats the percentage that eats oxtails

That's what I missed most on our Sun cruise in Jan - that really was my favorite menu!

Archived