International Flight with POC

latebloomer56

I meet the Oxygen to Go for Delta requirements. However if you have flown to and from Europe with a machine (Inogen) and have any tips that would be great. I have flown to CA. from Boston on Delta and United without any issues. This summer we will be on a nine hour JFK to Venice on  Boeing 767 then return on a flight that we change planes from Athens to France (3.30) France to Boston (7.45) both flights on an Airbus. We are in the main cabin section on each flight.

I have the required two batteries that I can plug in at terminals as needed given time. At home I don't sleep with it most nights but found on the last flight I did need it for the entire trip 5.30 hours.

Thanks to anybody who has any tips they used or wished they knew on a long haul flight.

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

This summer we will be on a nine hour JFK to Venice on  Boeing 767 then return on a flight that we change planes from Athens to France (3.30) France to Boston (7.45) both flights on an Airbus.

It sounds like you will need to make sure that Air France will also allow your machine on board the Athens-Paris and Paris-Boston flights, and that you also meet that airline's requirements for using it: the timings that you give appear to match flights AF1533 BOS-CDG and AF322 CDG-BOS. Different airlines and their regulators sometimes have different rules for what is permitted.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Globaliser said:

It sounds like you will need to make sure that Air France will also allow your machine on board the Athens-Paris and Paris-Boston flights, and that you also meet that airline's requirements for using it: the timings that you give appear to match flights AF1533 BOS-CDG and AF322 CDG-BOS. Different airlines and their regulators sometimes have different rules for what is permitted.

Would flight 8692 Airbus320 then flight 8514 Airbus359 be the same? Think we better check with Oxygen to Go site for Delta before final payment, just to be sure.

Thanks

21 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Would flight 8692 Airbus320 then flight 8514 Airbus359 be the same?

DL8692 = AF1233

DL8514 = AF322

Both of these are Air France flights, not Delta flights, even though Delta sells them under its flight number. Delta's rules for what you can take or use on board are likely to be irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

DL8692 = AF1233

DL8514 = AF322

Both of these are Air France flights, not Delta flights, even though Delta sells them under its flight number. Delta's rules for what you can take or use on board are likely to be irrelevant.

Thanks I will check it out before we complete our final payments.