Success in bidding on 2 rooms

herdfans4

Currently have 2 side by side balcony rooms on MSC seaside this May.  We are traveling with adult children in their own room.  I have bid on YC balcony upgrade with a strong bid for both.  I am worried that one room may win but the other may not.  Any one have experience with upgrading 2 rooms with MSC?  I am considering taking off both bids since we will obviously want to spend time together on the cruise and would not want to waste a YC upgrade if one of the rooms did not get accepted.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I would remove the bids because I think the odds of winning both bids is quite low unless you bid the max on both.  Also, if one wins, and the other doesn't, I don't think you can then cancel the bid, so if you are happy with the arrangement now, just enjoy.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 5:19 PM, herdfans4 said:

.....I am considering taking off both bids since we will obviously want to spend time together on the cruise and would not want to waste a YC upgrade if one of the rooms did not get accepted.

I would say it's highly unlikely both bids would be accepted. 

On 3/19/2023 at 12:19 PM, herdfans4 said:

I am considering taking off both bids since we will obviously want to spend time together on the cruise and would not want to waste a YC upgrade if one of the rooms did not get accepted.

I would still consider keeping the bids in if this is your only concern. Some people probably would want to spend all of their time in the YC and I get that, but I recently went on a 14-day cruise in the Haven when the rest of my party of 10 did not have Haven access and it was still so worth it. The food thing was tough. The Haven restaurant had some truly wonderful dishes and NCL's MDR was the first time I've actively disliked cruise food. We had to get a bit creative, but found we could generally get by grabbing an app and a drink with the rest of our party at the MDR, then hitting up the Haven restaurant later since we tend to be late diners anyway. For everything else, we found it easy and often preferable to leave the enclave and hang out with our friends/family.

I know YC is a bit more substantial than the Haven and our first YC sailing is next year so I don't have direct insights on how much there might be to do in the YC itself, but on NCL the Haven was pretty boring. It was a nice place to find some peace and quiet as needed and I even swam for the first time on a cruise since we could use a pool that wasn't totally overrun. We took full advantage when we needed a break from other humans (or a decent latte), but we spent far more time out and about on the ship or out on the Waterfront with our party watching for dolphins and other wildlife. The ship within a ship is a great perk no doubt, but I wouldn't want to spend all of my time there and I'd say we still fully appreciated it despite the substantial time spent outside enclave with our friends and family.

HERDFANS4, we are in the same position with our 2 young adult sons having their own interior room(which they paid for). I considered Yacht club bid upgrade but then did not go through with it - too risky for us to be split. Instead I paid extra to secure our room in AUREA and place a MAX bid to upgrade them to balcony Aurea as well - hoping to win the bid so that I can surprise them with a balcony room 🙂

We successfully won bids to upgrade 2 cabins to YC but that was at the end of COVID when ship was only 20% full. We had to wait until sail away to get the rooms next to each other. As our favorite thing to do is hang on our balconies at night (MSC opens the petition between the cabins), we knew we were taking a chance that we couldn't be side by side. It worked for us then, but I wouldn't take the chance with these full or nearly full ships! Whatever you decide....enjoy!

Thanks for all the great replies.  I went ahead and moved our bid to "Excellant" on both.  I also made a bid on interior room for our (DH and me) room so hoping that helps.  I will keep you all posted.  our cruise date is 5/14/23 so should here something in next few weeks and will report back

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update here. 

We were successful in our bid to upgrade 2 fatastica balcony rooms to 2 YC deluxe balcony rooms.  We even lucked out and got 2 side by side rooms.  We are so excited and leave this Sunday.  

For reference I did up the bid to excellent level bid for both but this was only $150 more for each room to increase bid.  I would not have done this if only needed one room.  

Thanks for everyone that responded.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, herdfans4 said:

Just wanted to update here. 

We were successful in our bid to upgrade 2 fatastica balcony rooms to 2 YC deluxe balcony rooms.  We even lucked out and got 2 side by side rooms.  We are so excited and leave this Sunday.  

For reference I did up the bid to excellent level bid for both but this was only $150 more for each room to increase bid.  I would not have done this if only needed one room.  

Thanks for everyone that responded.  

Enjoy!  Glad it all worked out so well 🙂