Coco Cay Beds $199 vs $299

I have scoured the internet and called Royal for an answer to this question with no luck.   Does anyone know the difference between the two?

Also I assume that what people are referring to as South Beach is now Breezy Bay

On the booking for excursion it lists Beach Bed Breezy Bay $199

Chill Island Beach Bed $299   I can not find the difference between the two Beds.  Royal says they both have curtains but the 100.00 difference is one has a roof and the other does not.  I am not buying this answer

Side note:  I know we do not NEED  a bed.  but would like one.

I appreciate any help.  First time back since 2019.  Learning all the changes

18 minutes ago, monkeyinhat said:

I have scoured the internet and called Royal for an answer to this question with no luck.   Does anyone know the difference between the two?

Also I assume that what people are referring to as South Beach is now Breezy Bay

On the booking for excursion it lists Beach Bed Breezy Bay $199

Chill Island Beach Bed $299   I can not find the difference between the two Beds.  Royal says they both have curtains but the 100.00 difference is one has a roof and the other does not.  I am not buying this answer

I appreciate any help.  First time back since 2019.  Learning all the changes

Breezy Bay beds are at Chill Island.  South Beach has its own day beds.  Reserved the Breezy Bay beds in October while sailing on Oasis.

The prices listed for Easter 2024 has gone up by $20 to $219 per bed.

2 hours ago, monkeyinhat said:

they both have curtains but the 100.00 difference is one has a roof and the other does not.  I am not buying this answer.

As was mentioned, Breezy Bay is a separate part of Chill Island. Two different sections of beds, but the same kind of beds. In other words, you are right not to buy that answer. 😉  They all have curtains and a roof.

For what it's worth, though ... the curtains are super lightweight and blow around like nobody's business, so I find them of little use unless there's no wind at all. And the roof isn't solid--the slats are placed pretty close together, but some rain would still get through.

As for the difference in price, it seems to vary from cruise to cruise. Sometimes South Beach is the most expensive, sometimes Breezy Bay, sometimes Chill Island. My best guess would be which is the closest to selling out.

• Like 1

I think they can get more for the Chill Island ones.  They are in a prime spot, nice beach area and closer to snorkeling. The Breezy Bay ones are closer to the pool area and not as nice for snorkeling. South Bay are the furthest away and also not as good of area for snorkeling and no water at low tides. 

Edited by roseoftx

Breezy bay also have the over water cabanas in front of you so you do not have a direct view out to the ocean.

I would avoid the South beach ones at the moment as the area where they are located you could hear the construction nose a few weeks ago from the new beach they are building

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gavvy said:

I would avoid the South beach ones at the moment as the area where they are located you could hear the construction nose a few weeks ago from the new beach they are building

We just were there and there were no noise at all from the construction. 

The most disturbing noice at the distance were the jetski excursion but they were barely noticeable. I suppose this noice in particular would be higher in other areas closer to the jetski dock.

4 hours ago, gavvy said:

Breezy bay also have the over water cabanas in front of you so you do not have a direct view out to the ocean.

To your right and not directly in front of you.  Does not diminish the water view.

I booked one of these at Breezy Bay for our May 2024 Icon sailing - they only had 3 left and South Beach was already sold out - even though it was around $100 more. The description of what I was getting wasn't very clear online so I watched a few online videos people had posted.  Ours was $219 for the day - $244 with taxes. I was really surprised these were already almost sold out 14 months before sailing. 

On 3/20/2023 at 12:23 PM, monkeyinhat said:

We never could afford them, now that we can, I don't even like them....too hard to get in & out of, and way too hot! I was all about getting the beds near the bar at the Beach Club and then we hardly ever lay in them.  One of the reasons, along with the price hikes, that we won't be booking that again.  Don't think I'll ever see $58.99 PP for the Club day pass again ever!  Oasis pool  and a lounger with umbrella is just fine with me.🏖️

Cancelled ours for 2nd half of B2B when we found that there were tons of chairs with umbrellas and overhead trees for free.  All the beds we saw were out in the sun with sheer curtains to block it.  We drain better after swimming on the loungers as well.

I just booked 2 beds for Breezy Bay at Chill Island as there were only 5 left and this is for our Easter '24 Anthem sail.  There's 8 of us and this will guarantee that we will be all together rather than struggle to find 8 loungers together.  Remember a year ago, the Independence docked before us (Anthem) and it was a struggle to find decent loungers for all.  This was at Harbor Beach which has calmer water.

Edited by nelblu