Chops Grille for lunch

carguy

We're going on Vision of the Seas in January. I wanted to book a lunch at Chops and see there are no lunch times listed. We did Grandeur in October and had lunch at Chops. Is it possible there will not be lunch reservations available ?

In my experience, the only time you may not be able to get lunch at Chops is on boarding day, which is usually at the Italian restaurant. Chops should be available for lunch on all of the other days. Maybe it's just not posted yet. Several of our upcoming cruises are missing various things, so we're playing the wait and see game!

I have done lunch at Chops on boarding day on Adventure twice and I love starting out my cruise this way! It wasn't an option on Allure and I don't see it as an option for my next couple of cruises on Radiance or Voyager. But I'm going to keep checking back.

• Like 1

I have Chops booked for embarkation day on an upcoming Enchantment sailing.  I would rather do that then deal with the craziness of the buffet.

There is always a chance it sold out already or they might be using it for the Key.

• Like 1

OP:  I just got off the Vision 3 days ago. It might be too early to book.  What I had to do for our embarkation lunch reservation is book it through the Cruise Planner, then get the charge refunded since we had the UDP.  No way to book embarkation day otherwise. 

Once on board go to Chops on Deck 6, around the corner from the elevators, and take care of all your reservations for ALL the specialty restaurants.  The Chops manager did this for us while we had lunch.  We decided ahead what we wanted; e.g. Chops, Izumi, Giovanni's, then repeated that 3 times.  You can always change the reservation later in the cruise. 

We purchased the UDP about 2 months before our cruise, but could not specifically book each restaurant until we got on the ship.

You might already know this, but only Chops is open for lunch, and only for embarkation day, and all sea days.

We loved the UDP.  I found it on sale for $212 each, including gratuity, in the Cruise Planner.  Our 10 day cruise for dinner, and 4 lunches in Chops was an average of $15 per meal per person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, pcur said:

OP:  I just got off the Vision 3 days ago. It might be too early to book.  What I had to do for our embarkation lunch reservation is book it through the Cruise Planner, then get the charge refunded since we had the UDP.  No way to book embarkation day otherwise. 

Once on board go to Chops on Deck 6, around the corner from the elevators, and take care of all your reservations for ALL the specialty restaurants.  The Chops manager did this for us while we had lunch.  We decided ahead what we wanted; e.g. Chops, Izumi, Giovanni's, then repeated that 3 times.  You can always change the reservation later in the cruise. 

We purchased the UDP about 2 months before our cruise, but could not specifically book each restaurant until we got on the ship.

You might already know this, but only Chops is open for lunch, and only for embarkation day, and all sea days.

We loved the UDP.  I found it on sale for $212 each, including gratuity, in the Cruise Planner.  Our 10 day cruise for dinner, and 4 lunches in Chops was an average of $15 per meal per person.

Light on choices compared to Oasis Class but you got a awesome price.. 

1 hour ago, processingnow said:

Had lunch in there past Tues on Vision, just walked up at 11:50 no res. got window seat ~$15/pp with BOGO incl grat.

Why is it they aren’t listing any lunch times. How did you get a bogo 

3 hours ago, processingnow said:

Had lunch in there past Tues on Vision, just walked up at 11:50 no res. got window seat ~$15/pp with BOGO incl grat.

Why is it they aren’t listing any lunch times. How did you get a bogo