Drink Packages

Slyfox16

6 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

What is the difference between the Easy Drink, Easy Plus and Premium and the cost

The prices have increased recently and there’s some confusion about what’s now covered as MSC is currently making changes but they haven’t yet been implemented across the fleet.  There are a couple of threads around this that you should read.  Then it’ll be clear as mud to you (we’re talking about MSC here, after all). 

The Easy package is €39, EasyPlus is €54 and PremiumExtra is €74.  They’re the prices you’ll be charged onboard when the onboard currency is €, plus the service charge (which used to be 15% but that’s been increased to 18%). I don’t have the new $ prices.  As @insidecabin has said, you may get a promotional rate when making a booking. 

MSC does not indicate a price limit for the Easy package;  they have a menu onboard listing the inclusions. For the other two, you will be covered for drinks up to €9 and €14, respectively (but that’s not the situation at the moment.  From some reports on here, the old limits seem to still be in place). 

The previous prices for the packages in $ were:  $38, $49 and $69, respectively.  These have now increased, as have the drinks price limits which I include in brackets here. The 2 higher packages covered drinks up to $9 (now $10) and $15 (now $16). 

9 hours ago, HardToPort said:

Other threads have also mention that you will only be charged the price difference if you decide you want to teat yourself to a more expensive libation.

That has been one poster’s experience onboard World Europa.  Another onboard Virtuosa has said that it’s not possible on their ship.  

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

That has been one poster’s experience onboard World Europa.  Another onboard Virtuosa has said that it’s not possible on their ship.  

There is a poster on the Seascape this week that is reporting the same. Only being charged the difference for drinks over what the package covers. However, that same poster is reporting they have the Premium package and while all the drinks onboard have gone up a dollar, their package is still only covering drinks up to $15. So all of the $15 drinks that used to be covered by the package are now $16 and the package no longer fully covers them.

11 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

There is a poster on the Seascape this week that is reporting the same. Only being charged the difference for drinks over what the package covers. However, that same poster is reporting they have the Premium package and while all the drinks onboard have gone up a dollar, their package is still only covering drinks up to $15. So all of the $15 drinks that used to be covered by the package are now $16 and the package no longer fully covers them.

This is the fear I have, that we may experience similar.  I’ve already paid €960 to upgrade to PremX and won’t be too pleased if I have to pay more for drinks that have suddenly been removed from it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Virtuosa has not changed yet they are keeping the "old" prices till the currency/home port change in April.(no point in updating everything for a couple of weeks only to have to throw it all out )

CT was told difference won't happen then,
I think we will have to wait for the first Southampton GBP sailing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jame_g said:

If MSC does it right, they will keep the link the same while just updating that comparison chart page once they have a new chart. They've already done that at least once.

Here’s hoping.  

1 minute ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Slightly confused with a description on that list - at the top, it states "Premium Extra
All drinks up to €13"  but then in the Champagne and Wine section it states "Wine by the glass up to €10".

It’s an MSC list - what more’s left to be said?  🤔🤨🥴😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I need a drink 🍹😂

I think MSC are too busy pushing out another ship and joining the Guinness book of records to be bothered about the mess they have once again created. Leaving staff onboard to take the flak.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

We’ve just embarked Musica;  we’ve have ordered the €14 glass of champagne and confirmed it’s included in PremX. 

Is the Remy XO and JW Blue reasonable enough to sample now that you only pay the difference?

18 minutes ago, Boschmann said:

Is the Remy XO and JW Blue reasonable enough to sample now that you only pay the difference?

Hi Joe.  Mr B actually “joked” about having a JWB when I said I was going to have a decent cognac.  Haven’t explored the menu yet for it, but I see it’s $27 on US sailings.  Don’t think he’s partial enough to it to pay the upcharge. 

I went for the Martell XO today for a €2 upcharge (plus 15%).  Was given a double and not charged.  I think Rémy is €3 over the PremX package.   

Edited by Beamafar