LIVE FROM the flagship Rotterdam on the 21-day Eastern Caribbean and 150th Anniversary Transatlantic

Vict0riann

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

red gunard ( in the English Market in Cork today)

A great fish stall in the market, Ann.  K O'Connell's, almost by appointment to Queen Elizabeth.

3188183_6_articlelarge_QUEEN_20IRL_20ENGLISH_20MARKET_20MX9.jpg.a6446a9ac0ce830e645078156749730e.jpg

Hope you enjoyed your visit.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Fred, I wanted you to see what you ate in the Sel de Mer, and I ate in Plymouth, red gunard ( in the English Market in Cork today)

44163642-09E1-4440-9E27-81C914BC2CED.thumb.jpeg.ea9dacda947c59e5b5f7c9a7d4b1d842.jpeg

Our waiter (Igor) brought a whole one to the table before we ordered. He called it the ugly fish! But it was delicious despite its lack of exterior beauty.

• Like 6

On 4/22/2023 at 5:40 PM, Overhead Fred said:

Sel de Mer yesterday -

I was sorry not to meet Sailing Dutchy on the 19-24th leg --  though passing by Sel de Mer early one evening I thought I may have espied you all seated in a corner table near the window? 

Tony's birthday cake

20230421_203357.thumb.jpg.5700d6bca035b02f2aa33819eccd0ffe.jpg

Edited by dutchclogs

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have been pretty useless in keeping Ann's thread going. We have been enjoying the cruise too much to take time out to post stuff!

We just left Bergen and have one sea day before we fly back to MN on Saturday. Apparently, we have "lost" the port Azipod -

DSC_0535(3).thumb.JPG.c828c1737d023b53414c989ad2bc0dce.JPG

The Captain mentioned there was some issue before we undocked, but assured us that it will not affect our arrival in Amsterdam. No doubt some conspiracy theorists will see this as another example of HAL "cutbacks and shortages" 😉.

View of the ship from Mt Floien at the top of the funicular -

DSC_0510(3).thumb.JPG.71de050ebcc1260aa85bbe9d1bf2e7ff.JPG

Dinner last night: Seafood & artichoke en bouchee, Carpaccio of beef tenderloin, and Pommery mustard roasted lamb loin. We have been very well fed on this cruise!

20230503_205728.thumb.jpg.8c8a7875f4aa98b96e1ad036f0080201.jpg

20230503_210702.thumb.jpg.d84d5dd30fadb89bd9a0526f4e94e252.jpg

20230503_211926.thumb.jpg.d03bfa90ec936db218582e52f4bd4248.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

Apparently, we have "lost" the port Azipod

Very careless of you, Fred.  Ann leaves you looking after the ship and you lose part of it.  And then mention cut backs...... .🤣🤣

• Haha 7

My “cruising Apple AirTag” is still with you , somewhere in room 5050!  I don’t know if you have an iPhone- I put the AirTag in “ lost” mode, and if you happen to be walking past 5050, it may be able to tell you where it is, if you have a FindMy app.  I’m not sure if our great room stewards Herdy and Pram are still on board, but I have a feeling that the errant AirTag is in one of the desk drawers, maybe under the mirror or hairdryer, or else perhaps on the floor under the bed.  DD is not happy with me, that I misplaced her gift.  Sorry to be a nuisance, I’m happy you are having a good time.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Very careless of you, Fred.  Ann leaves you looking after the ship and you lose part of it.  And then mention cut backs...... .🤣🤣

I am wracked with guilt for not keeping better track of the propulsion system. I hope the loss is covered by HIA!

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My “cruising Apple AirTag” is still with you , somewhere in room 5050!  I don’t know if you have an iPhone- I put the AirTag in “ lost” mode, and if you happen to be walking past 5050, it may be able to tell you where it is, if you have a FindMy app.  I’m not sure if our great room stewards Herdy and Pram are still on board, but I have a feeling that the errant AirTag is in one of the desk drawers, maybe under the mirror or hairdryer, or else perhaps on the floor under the bed.  DD is not happy with me, that I misplaced her gift.  Sorry to be a nuisance, I’m happy you are having a good time.

I tracked down Herdy and Pram and they will look for your AirTag. It took awhile to explain what it was, they kept thinking I was talking about AirPod ear buds...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got home last Tuesday after 26 nights on the ship, one night in Amsterdam, and two nights in Paris.  I still haven't recovered!

Absolutely loved the ship, so much so that yesterday I booked the westbound TA for October 2024.

Loved having the Library.  Just about the only place on the ship that didn't have the bad pop music blaring at all hours.  I complained multiple times about that (as I do for every cruise I've ever taken). 

Great food, great service.  Loved having the CO dining room.  I miss Reggie.  Also miss Jayson and Justin at the Ocean Bar.

OK, I miss all of it.  But I was ready to get home to some solitude.  Those last 10 days were a bit too crowded with too many kids.  I'm not used to that on HAL sailings, but I avoid the main pool area at most times.  Too bad it was too cold most days to hang out at the aft pool.  Confess that I was surprised at the level of rudeness by many of the people on those 2 short sailings.  I doubt that I'll be booking any short segments in the future.

But, overall, it was wonderful.

• Like 4