Princess Plus for One

carlp

Just now, carlp said:

since my wife doesn't drink, is it possible to purchase ONE Princess Plus package

for me and a soda package for her?

Sadly no, both guests in the cabin must purchase the package.  But it's almost just as cost effective to have the Plus for both when you look at the value of the gratuities and wi-fi.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carlp said:

since my wife doesn't drink, is it possible to purchase ONE Princess Plus package

1 minute ago, iamaqt2 said:

Sadly no, both guests in the cabin must purchase the package.  But it's almost just as cost effective to have the Plus for both when you look at the value of the gratuities and wi-fi.

Here we go again with the confusion Princess caused by giving the fare add-on the same name as the beverage package.

Both pax are not required to purchase the Princess Plus beverage package.  However for the Princess Plus fare add-on (Princess Plus beverage package, wifi, gratuities and the new stuff they just added), either both must purchase or neither can purchase. 

23 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

I think you may be mistaken about both guests must purchase beverage package.

8 minutes ago, that said:

I think you may be mistaken about both guests must purchase beverage package.

If it was just the beverage package, then yes I would be mistaken.  But since OP didn't specify beverage package, and said Princess Plus package, I'm assuming they meant the upgrade that includes gratuites and wi-fi.  Which does require both passengers to purchase it.

• Like 2

Buying the stand alone beverage package is crazy. $76.70 per day...

The Plus Beverage Package is US $64.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $76.70 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $110.00 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Buying the stand alone beverage package is crazy. $76.70 per day...

The Plus Beverage Package is US $64.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $76.70 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $110.00 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.

Soda package is $17.69 with gratuity.  "Crew Appreciation" is $16 per person per day minimum.  $76.70 + $17.69 + (2 × $16) = $126.39. 

OP is better off buying up to the Princess Plus fare add-on for 2 people ($120 per day for 2) than buying one Plus beverage package and one soda package, even if spouse doesn't drink alcohol. 

And that doesn't even include the value of the other items in the Princess Plus fare add-on, although arguably wifi is the only one of value to most people.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Soda package is $17.69 with gratuity.  "Crew Appreciation" is $16 per person per day minimum.  $76.70 + $17.69 + (2 × $16) = $126.39. 

OP is better off buying up to the Princess Plus fare add-on for 2 people ($120 per day for 2) than buying one Plus beverage package and one soda package, even if spouse doesn't drink alcohol. 

And that doesn't even include the value of the other items in the Princess Plus fare add-on, although arguably wifi is the only one of value to most people.

You don’t consider the crew gratuities as even better than the WiFi. ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

You don’t consider the crew gratuities as even better than the WiFi. ?

I'm strictly looking at the dollars.  Assuming OP isn't a tip-remover, they're going to spend an additional $32 a day on gratuities.  Based solely on what they were going to a spend anyway (Plus beverage package, soda package, and tips for 2), the Princess Plus add-on is a value. 

6 hours ago, carlp said:

Nope.  Just buy two PLUS cruise fare packages.  No point in buying separate beverage packages.