The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 26th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

13 hours ago, dfish said:

Wow, Roy!  I went back and checked and I think I started posting recipes back in February of 2021.  I wasn't doing pictures at first, just a link to the recipe.  I know I was doing them in September of 2021 because @kazu Jacqui stepped in for me while I was on my Alaskan cruise.  It was the summer of 2020 when we had that wonderful tomato pie recipe.  I think that is what got me interested in the Meal of the Day.  Maybe 12/7/20?   

Ahh, the Tomato Pie. That’s a classic in our house now. DH occasionally asks for it.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Another classic from the HAL forum is the Blender Thread.  That one was just plain funny.  

And there was the “ Westerdam Captain Waits for No One! “, another classic DH quotes sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks Lenda, 

We just think it is better to replace both washer and dryer now and get it over with. We have no idea how to do it ourselves and to call someone in would cost plenty.  it is 21 years old and so is the dryer. So tomorrow I will go to the appliance store and order new ones.

Plain on getting Samsung.  i am finished with anything that has a GE label on it.  We replaced all our kitchen appliances with the stimulus money with really nice Bosch appliances and glad we did so.  We had already had to replace the Fridge and Microwave and the dishwasher was leaking.  They all came with the house.  So now the washer and dryer will get the heave-ho also.

Just got to find that Money Tree and plant it in the back yard.

Terri

Just a thought- if you’re getting a top loader, you might want to confirm that you can touch the bottom of the tub. I was certain that was what I wanted until we got to the store and I couldn’t reach the bottom of the tub- my arms were about an inch too short. Moving wet laundry would have been interesting….

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just a thought- if you’re getting a top loader, you might want to confirm that you can touch the bottom of the tub. I was certain that was what I wanted until we got to the store and I couldn’t reach the bottom of the tub- my arms were about an inch too short. Moving wet laundry would have been interesting….

Thanks, but we will get a front loader.  Have a top loader now.  Can barely reach the bottom of the tub and I really would rather have a front loader.  The local appliance store is having a clearance right now and hope we can get in on the deal.

Terri

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Paul, thanks for the article about the five planets aligning this next week.  Unfortunately, our weather prediction is for cloudy and windy most of the week, along with thunderstorms.

That's often the situation here, but we may have a chance on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy Anniversary, Dailyites all!  I'm late, it's been busy, but we are packed and ready to leave tomorrow morning at 3:30 a.m.  We should get to Fort Lauderdale at 8:15, after three flights.  Pat did our check ins and I did the Health questionnaire for HAL.  I had been waiting for it to appear, and today it did.  I had a feeling it usually showed up sooner.

Safe travels, Ann..

8 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

DH update: Not a lot of news but he's still with us so that's good. I got there today and the heating blanket was gone as he's maintaining his body temperature. Also no meds needed to keep his blood pressure where it should be. The Foley catheter was removed this afternoon as well. He doesn't have MRSA, the flu, Covid, RSV or Legions. The test results that were high are starting to trend down and the ones that were low are starting to trend up. The doctor today said that they'll move him out of the ICU when he starts coughing a bit more productively, says I am being realistic and is very cautiously saying that there is some optimism. It's going to be a long haul regardless. 

I am glad to hear there is some improvement.  It will be a long haul for sure but my prayers that the optimism only grows.  🙏🏻 

18 hours ago, richwmn said:

Just an acknowledgement of the fact that I can't predict the future. I hope I am able to continue to do this for a while, and if I can't someone will take over.

So true.  No one can predict the future.  You would think I would have learned that by now.

16 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Thanks Jacqui for your concern. I did call back to the therapist on Friday to tell them I could not weather it. They reassured me I could not hurt it but in might hurt from not wearing it. I was advised if my hand was painful on Monday they could try to adjust it. It is feeling ok unless I bump it or do something stupid. I will see how it is tomorrow. 

So glad to hear you checked.  I hope it continues to improve 🤞 

• Like 5

NOTE:  this didn’t seem to post last night. Oh well…

Thank you for posting tonight Karen!  We’re all happy to here this upward trending news, even if cautious. Happy for you that you got to spend a night at home and a day with your husband. One day at a time is everything!  

Good that you will do your pool work tomorrow!  Hoping for no calls tonight. 🙏 for Amazing!  

Loved the Snoopy cartoon too, saved it!  Folks here are so uplifting!  

Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 4