What will a taxi cost to get to the Soufriere/pitons area from the cruise ship dock?

queenL

31 minutes ago, Penn State Traveler said:

UPDATE:  I'm new at this.  It looks like we disembark in Soufriere rather than at the usual cruise terminal, so I guess I'm looking at good local beach food between Tet Paul and Soufriere.  Sorry for my

mixup.

Can only suggest one…. The MangoTree

Don’t forget to view their Chef’s Specials on the board.  Tastebud joys.
Book early for one of their front row “Pitons” tables.

(

9 hours ago, Penn State Traveler said:

UPDATE:  I'm new at this.  It looks like we disembark in Soufriere rather than at the usual cruise terminal, so I guess I'm looking at good local beach food between Tet Paul and Soufriere.  Sorry for my

mixup.

You'll be tendering in Soufriere.

If you're looking for a great local beach with great local options, Soufriere Beach Park is hard to beat. It's walking distance from the pier for the tender.  When looking at the water, hang a right and walk past the cemetery to the beach park.

Seashells is excellent, there's local bar and snack bars at the beach part, chairs and palapas available, clean bathrooms, showers, kayaks a d such,  snorkeling along the cliff, etc. 

The Mango Tree is a higher end hotel restaurant (Stonefield Estates), and not on the beach, FWIW. Delicious though.

Another beach option - Paradise Beach Hotel and Harmony restaurant. It's at the base of Petit Piton (coincidentally, where Stonefield shuttles their guests). Great local food, some snorkeling, bathroom, chairs and umbrellas , make a reservation, and you'll need a taxi.

Very doable to go to Tet Paul then Toraille then to Soufriere Beach Park for lunch and swimming - always, of course, depending on your all aboard time.. 

Here's a shot from Soufriere Beach Park 

DSC_6266.JPG

DSC_6297.JPG

DSC_6332.JPG

DSC_6304.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 11:04 PM, reedprincess said:

Try Calabash Cove - no day pass needed.. restaurant is open to the public - wat and drink there and enjoy the pool, spa, etc. Beautiful property, absolutely gorgeous food, string drinks, lovely beach.... Contact for a reservation.. it's amazing. 

I'm not sure this is entirely true about not needing a Day Pass.  Their web site indicates you do and I exchanged mail with them and they seemed to indicate a day pass was needed ($24 PP).   Now, maybe if you show up, eat lunch, they would then let you use the facilities, I'm not sure.

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I'm not sure this is entirely true about not needing a Day Pass.  Their web site indicates you do and I exchanged mail with them and they seemed to indicate a day pass was needed ($24 PP).   Now, maybe if you show up, eat lunch, they would then let you use the facilities, I'm not sure.

That's new.

Day passes were never a thing in the pass : a reservation for lunch, etc was all that was needed.

Not surprised they've instituted a small fee, given how small of a resort it is, they do need to ensure they're not overrun and that their resident guests have priority..

Enjoy, wherever you end up.. 

8 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Think one will find this a resort fee, therefore could be liable to an additional 20% tax.

Hotel residents do take precedent on bed positions.  One’s beds will be allocated on arrival, without any opportunity to change, there will be no discussion.  Because of the nature of the Hotel’s clientele, there is a ‘respect our guests’ conduct code.  Do confirm a lunch reservation when booking.

53 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Think one will find this a resort fee, therefore could be liable to an additional 20% tax.

Yes, there is also the tax.  My prior post was a typo, the fee is $25 plus 20% tax for total of $30.

54 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Yes, there is also the tax.  My prior post was a typo, the fee is $25 plus 20% tax for total of $30.

Apologies, just remembered, there is also a strict dress code….

To assist - Link https://www.calabashcove.com/guest-attire-recommendations

Additional…

May have changed, but ask if there is still an opportunity to pay an additional fee for a day room.  Changing, shower, storage etc.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Additional

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 10/24/2023 at 10:04 PM, reedprincess said:

Something unique? Try Lucian Food Tour through Rodney Bay, followed by beach time by Marie's Fish Shack (far south end of Reduit, as far from tourists as you can get)

I'm looking at maybe doing this tour. I'll be on the Norwegian Viva in March '25 so still have plenty of time for planning.  Looking at the website, it looks like the tour could end about 2pm.  Ship leaves at 5pm (all aboard probably 4:30?) - will we have enough time to get back?  Looks like only the Viva and the Eurodam in port that day (so maybe 5000 passengers).  If the tour starts at 11:30am, how long should we give ourselves to get to the starting point in Rodney Bay?  And finally, what is a good budget for the cost of a taxi to get there/back?

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by olemissreb

On 1/7/2024 at 4:00 PM, olemissreb said:

I'm looking at maybe doing this tour. I'll be on the Norwegian Viva in March '25 so still have plenty of time for planning.  Looking at the website, it looks like the tour could end about 2pm.  Ship leaves at 5pm (all aboard probably 4:30?) - will we have enough time to get back?  Looks like only the Viva and the Eurodam in port that day (so maybe 5000 passengers).  If the tour starts at 11:30am, how long should we give ourselves to get to the starting point in Rodney Bay?  And finally, what is a good budget for the cost of a taxi to get there/back?

Thanks for all the help.

If your tour starts at 11:30, aim to be heading there by 10:45 at the latest. It'll likely only take 25-30 minutes, but you'll need to get all the way out of the shopping area of the port to get a cab, and there can be traffic.

Yes, a 2pm ending leaves plenty of time to get back to the ship for a 4;30 all aboard. Even if there's heavy traffic, it won't be more than an hour, give or take. Without traffic, it'll take 25 minutes or so.  

It'll run $40usd one way. Loads of taxis available in RB for return, or your driver will offer to take you back.. . 

Enjoy! Jasmine is pretty darn fantastic.... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 12:13 AM, kona_wahine said:

We did a catamaran up the coast to the pitons, including Marigot Bay cruise thru. Several people on our ship said they took land shuttle and said it was horrible. Windy road and very slow. I’m glad we went by sea. 

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0920.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

Hi.  Was this a cruise sponsored excursion or an independent operator?  How long was the excursion and how much was it per person.  Thanks

On 1/19/2024 at 11:50 AM, wsb225 said:

Hi.  Was this a cruise sponsored excursion or an independent operator?  How long was the excursion and how much was it per person.  Thanks

We booked it thru Carnival. It was 4-5 hours. I really don’t remember the cost.