Easter services?

1 hour ago, hotrock said:

Anyone ever set sail on Easter?  How good are the chances that their will be a Christian Easter service on Allure when we set sail on Easter Sunday?

The chances are next to zero, there isn’t time for anything extra on embarkation day. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The chances are next to zero, there isn’t time for anything extra on embarkation day. 

Yeah,

Guess the price of a Max and enter a spa raffle are much more important than celebrating the most important day in the year for Christians.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yeah,

Guess the price of a Max and enter a spa raffle are much more important than celebrating the most important day in the year for Christians.

Easter bunny is afraid of cruise ships. He'll get you next year, don't worry. 

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yeah,

Or maybe it's the sanitation of the ship from top to bottom, the loading of supplies, delivery of luggage, muster drills...................

If it is the most important day of the year for Christian (of which I am one) then perhaps you should stay home, go to church, and give the day the respect it deserves

• Like 9

13 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If it is the most important day of the year for Christian (of which I am one) then perhaps you should stay home, go to church, and give the day the respect it deserves

Point well taken.  As a matter of fact, I would never sail on Easter.  My comment was for those who do choose to sail.  

We were recently on Radiance of the Seas and one of the featured singers led a wonderful non-denominational Sunday service which was attended by about 60.  It can be done without causing havoc to the schedule.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Point well taken.  As a matter of fact, I would never sail on Easter.  My comment was for those who do choose to sail.  

We were recently on Radiance of the Seas and one of the featured singers led a wonderful non-denominational Sunday service which was attended by about 60.  It can be done without causing havoc to the schedule.

I think though that it being on embarkation/disembarkation day wouldn't lend itself to ease of scheduling/attendance/availability, especially if Easter gatherings are normally in the morning and official things don't start until afternoon.......but if embarkation is ON Easter Sunday, a Sunrise service on land would do the trick! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before covid, I did a cruise that happened during lent season and over Easter Sunday and the ship actually had a Priest on board to do mass and they asked passengers who were Eucharistic Ministers at their home church to give out the Eucharist.  It was a wonderful mass held in the showroom and it was packed.  We actually started to run out of the Eucharist to give out.  Way more people than the Priest was prepared for.  

But with that being said, if you are boarding on Easter Sunday you will need to find a church near the port and go to an early mass before you board.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yogimax said:

A non-denominational service doesn’t work for Catholics.

• Like 1