Late flight

Canadianhey!

Looking at a 9 pm flight. What can we possibly do between leaving ship and flight with luggage.

Looks like shore excursions, from the boat, would still get you back to airport still about noonish.  Which makes it still a long time to wait.

Thanks you any ideas

Yes, we can be more helpful if you tell us which port you are disembarking (I presume Ft Lauderdale or Miami) and which airport (I presume FLL or MIA) you will be flying out of.

If I had a flight leaving that late out of FLL or MIA, I would consider renting a car for the day and depending on your interests go to Everglades National Park, Key Largo, South Beach, etc.  Make reservations for lunch at a restaurant and/or perhaps an early dinner.

I don't know how much luggage you travel with, but we travel relatively light.  On our last cruise out of FLL we had a late flight (which ended up being considerably later thanks to the airline pushing our flight back 6 hours to after midnight... but that is another story).  Anyway, what we did was do the Everglades excursion through the cruise line, then took an Uber to the Los Olas area.  There are a few good attractions in the area.  We went to the NSU Art Museum in Las Olas.  They kindly kept our luggage behind the desk for us.  They have a nice little cafe where we grabbed lunch and then spent a few hours looking around the museum.  After that we Ubered back to the airport for what we thought was our 6pm flight (which ended up being a 12:30am flight... Grrr...).  So we walked the airport for awhile, browsed in the shops, people watched, found a restaurant for dinner, and made friends with our fellow stranded passengers.  There is a really nice hallway with artwork made by airport employees (I think between terminal 3 and 4) that is worth visiting.  

A few years ago we had a late flight as well; docked in Miami with a FLL departure.  The cruise line offered a HOHO bus tour that included keeping luggage for the day and ended with a trip to the airport.  If I remember correctly, it got us to the airport around 4pm or so.  Still a bit of a wait at the airport, but it was a good way to spend the day.. 

Rent a car… explore South Beach…. Stop for a nice lunch… go to the beach…

We’ve done that a number of times and never know what we’re going to wind up doing until we hop in the car. 

We get off ship and head to nearest hotel, like Embassy Suites. Go inside and ask them to hold your luggage until later. $ 10 will do the job. Come back later when you are ready to go to the airport and pick up your luggage. We have done this several times for late flights. You can explore on your own. The hotel doent know you are not staying there. They have a huge room for storing luggage at E.S.