Sky Princess April 1st Cruise - random jottings.

wowzz

7 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

I am hearing several reports like this about Sky's formal evening food.
Don't think I will bother taking a dinner suit. See no point dressing up if the main part of the evening is poor.

Even on normal nights the choice can be odd !

For example, one of the main courses tonight is Bubble & Squeak. How is that refined dining? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

For example, one of the main courses tonight is Bubble & Squeak. How is that refined dining? 

How disappointing!  I’m thinking our next cruise on Regal might be our last Princess cruise.  We shall see how that goes.  Perhaps Celebrity will be our one and only cruiseline looking forward.  I do love some of Princess itineraries, so that aspect will be missed.

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Was the bubble and squeak dish actually called bubble and squeak on the menu? 

( I understand that it did not appeal to you, it would not have appealed to me either)LOL

I was on the Sky at the end of January, and although there were a number of choices that I took a pass on,  there were plenty of choices that were quite good.  We had the "new" menus. Duck L'orange, Beef Wellington, also Fettuchini Alfredo was not on the menu every night, but they would make it for you if you asked.  Lobster was on the menu the night we didn't go to the dining room. 

• Like 1

Has anyone mentioned if there was a most travelled luncheon? 

I suppose with that many elites aboard, the chance of getting an invite must be harder than most cruises. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Perhaps Celebrity will be our one and only cruiseline looking forward.

We sailed Celebrity over 25 times but quit some years ago when we felt they were nickel and dimeing us to death.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Senga said:

We sailed Celebrity over 25 times but quit some years ago when we felt they were nickel and dimeing us to death.

Certainly not our experience, but of course everyone has a different perspective.

12 hours ago, Samkitty1 said:

Was the bubble and squeak dish actually called bubble and squeak on the menu? 

( I understand that it did not appeal to you, it would not have appealed to me either)LOL

I was on the Sky at the end of January, and although there were a number of choices that I took a pass on,  there were plenty of choices that were quite good.  We had the "new" menus. Duck L'orange, Beef Wellington, also Fettuchini Alfredo was not on the menu every night, but they would make it for you if you asked.  Lobster was on the menu the night we didn't go to the dining room. 

Yes, actually called Bubble & Squeak.

Hmmmm. Bangers and mash and bubble and squeak!!!

I wonder what's on in the buffet? 

They were my nana's comfort meals 50 years ago not what I'd look for on a menu.

I do hope its different when we board in July.

• Like 1

We haven't been to a show yet, so last night we decided to watch the Trawler Men sing a few shanties. Can't beat singing along to The Wild Rover !

All seated and then the Entertainment Manager comes on, and say that due to one of the Trawlermen being ill, the performance was cancelled, and that an Adele tribute act would perform instead.

And straight away she came on. A fair number of people left after the first song, more, including us, left after the second song. We felt a bit sorry for "Adele" as she was not bad, but she was not who we wanted to see.

Surely it would have been better for all concerened if the programme change was posted outside the theatre, or the announcement made sufficiently early so that those who wanted to leave, could do so ?

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just checking out tonight's menu, hoping for some high class cuisine.

Does Irish Lamb Stew count as fine dining ? 

😆

Bet it will be Welsh Rarebit tomorrow (which is cheese on toast to you and me 🤣).

Can you tell when activities start in the Take Five Lounge on the Fiesta Deck? I want to schedule a Cruise Critic event there on our June sailing and would prefer to do it in the afternoon but not if there is music going on.  If there is nothing scheduled there on a sea day in the morning that could be an option.