How many Gala nights?

rodndonna

We'll be on our first Celebrity cruise a week from today. How many Gala (or chic or dressy?) nights will there be on a 7 night cruise? It's on the Millenium out of San Juan if that matters. I am guessing 2?.  Is there a pattern to the nights it/they would typically be on?

Just now, AmberCascades said:

There are usually 2 on a 7 night cruise.  I think (but can't say 100% for sure) that they are usually on day 2 and day 5 (or 6).  Do you have the Celebrity app?  It might say on there.

Thanks!

Using the app, but didn't see them noted - perhaps not looking in the right place. 

Don't mind bring surprised on which nights they are , as long as we know how many evenings to pack for. 😄

1 minute ago, AmberCascades said:

I looked again and finally found it.  Your chic nights are days 2 and 6.  Hope you have a great time!

Thank you so much - (my husband is the "app" guy, so I'm blaming him!)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AmberCascades said:

I looked again and finally found it.  Your chic nights are days 2 and 6.  Hope you have a great time!

I assume you found it in the daily planner on the app, correct?

On 4/1/2023 at 8:08 AM, rodndonna said:

Thanks!

Using the app, but didn't see them noted - perhaps not looking in the right place. 

Don't mind bring surprised on which nights they are , as long as we know how many evenings to pack for. 😄

Easiest way is to go to Cruise Planner.    Unfiltered to All Activities as opposed to suggested.

Check each night at 5:00 PM and it will either tell you the Chic Nights or say Chic Night Photos.

They are usually on the 1 Sea Night  but if have a port on day 2 will usually be day 3 and the last sea day that is not the last night.

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Easiest way is to go to Cruise Planner.    Unfiltered to All Activities as opposed to suggested.

Maybe just a bug ... we still don't see anything even when set to "Show all" for activities....

I wonder if it is because we are on "any time" dining? Maybe as we have no dining time reserved for those days, there is nothing to tag the note for "chic" to?

15 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Maybe just a bug ... we still don't see anything even when set to "Show all" for activities....

I wonder if it is because we are on "any time" dining? Maybe as we have no dining time reserved for those days, there is nothing to tag the note for "chic" to?

They usually don't load until 1 week before the cruise leaves.   If you select you ship and a current sailing you can usually find them.    Also if you give me the ship and sailing date i'll take a look.

On 4/2/2023 at 5:24 PM, Jim_Iain said:

tell you the Chic Nights or say Chic Night Photos.

Jim, 

I’ve read that that the photographers have been drastically reduced on the ships.

Perhaps someone can report back when they take their next cruise.🙏

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They usually don't load until 1 week before the cruise leaves.   If you select you ship and a current sailing you can usually find them.    Also if you give me the ship and sailing date i'll take a look.

Thanks Jim. Our cruise leaves this Saturday (Millenium) and a previous poster looked and let us know they are the 2nd and 6th nights, but we still don't see them in our app. Not a big deal, more of a curiosity to know why we can't see them ...🤔

19 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Jim, 

I’ve read that that the photographers have been drastically reduced on the ships.

Perhaps someone can report back when they take their next cruise.🙏

I'll check on it in about  1 1/2 weeks.   I have to agree that they have cut back.   Under photo packages there are only 2 for our cruise and the prices are about $500.   No Thanks.  

We've done a lot of Celebrity cruises but never one shorter than a week.

In May we'll be doing a four night cruise out of Southampton, on the Silhouette. Will we have a Chic night on one of those four nights?

Thanks