Brilliance of the seas question for bookworms

I haven’t been on Brilliance, but would think set up would be similar to other near her class.  Under cover, but outside walking deck on probably either deck 4 or 5.  Lounge and or sitting chair lined up.  I love to sit out and read, or just look out.  

• Like 1

Definitely the”promenade “ deck!! Outside in sun or shade…peaceful even if a few walkers stroll by.  Just sit away from a smoking area…generally port side.

Viking crown lounge is so nice…inside with a nice view and possibly totally alone.

On all the Royal Ships, if not all cruise ships I've been on there's usually on deck 4, 5, or 6, a outside deck you can walk around (or at least walk outside).  Along the wall of this deck, are lines of deck chairs mostly unused.  Its on Deck 5 on Brilliance, but I've gone out there to read plenty of times.  Depending your heading, and the time of day, you can choose one side or the other for shade/sun depending on your preference.  It is rarely crowded unlike the pool deck.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

On all the Royal Ships, if not all cruise ships I've been on there's usually on deck 4, 5, or 6, a outside deck you can walk around (or at least walk outside).  Along the wall of this deck, are lines of deck chairs mostly unused.  Its on Deck 5 on Brilliance, but I've gone out there to read plenty of times.  Depending your heading, and the time of day, you can choose one side or the other for shade/sun depending on your preference.  It is rarely crowded unlike the pool deck.

Agree, it's not busy at all, you can even move a regular sitting chair right alongside the railing and get comfortable and have nothing but the ocean on one side of you!

23 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Just wondering if there are some nice places to read here indoors and outdoors? 

During a 12 day Baltic Cruise, my wife and I, who both like reading, spent a good amount of time in a very nice area for reading.  On deck 6, at the very back, past the Schooner bar, past the Colony Club, they have an area they called (For some reason)  Singapore Sling's.  Big comfy seating with floor to ceiling windows with nice view of the wake.  Only a few times during the 12 days, there was an event taking place in the Colony Club that was a bit noisy, but the rest of the time, I was amazed at how such a nice spot was devoid of people.

image.png.cb11b9ad7fa5c822f12cc89b3f14006f.png

image.png.820437e267e066827785877dabc43f67.png

image.thumb.png.8fb7c528d2e912e36ce0d2fd2328094c.png

Shaky video of general area (Aug. 2019)

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks everyone for all these great spots. Looking forward to reading. Keep them coming.

Never been on that ship but I can give you my two cents worth.  I love to read too and I have found it impossible on a cruise ship.  For me, I need ABSOLUTE silence.  Everywhere I go on the ship, inside, outside, empty clubs at 5am, there is piped in music.  I have never been able to find a completely quiet area except my room.  So i listen to music on headphones or an audible book.

• Like 1