Delta Comfort ?

39august

On what itineraries? Delta's website says:

For travelers in a Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+® seat on a flight within the United States, without a Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card, Medallion Status or Active Military exceptions:

$30 USD
For your first standard checked bag under 50 lbs. (23 kg), each way
+1 Free Carry-On Bag and 1 Personal Item

$40 USD
For your second standard checked bag under 50 lbs. (23 kg), each way

4 hours ago, 39august said:

Does Delta Comfort allow first checked bag free? It seems that sometimes I have to show my Delta AMEX  card at check in for no fee and sometimes I do not.

Perhaps it depends on whether or not you used that particular card to pay for your flight?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Perhaps it depends on whether or not you used that particular card to pay for your flight?

Unlike UA, DL does not require the ticket to be paid for using the card to get the free checked bags.

11 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Unlike UA, DL does not require the ticket to be paid for using the card to get the free checked bags.

But maybe the DL agent can immediately see that the passenger is a card holder and therefore exempt from the fee, if the card has been used to pay for the ticket/ That might be a possible explanation for what the OP was asking about, which was why they are sometimes asked for sight of the card and sometimes not, even though Comfort+ in itself does not include a free checked bag on intra-US itineraries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

But maybe the DL agent can immediately see that the passenger is a card holder and therefore exempt from the fee, if the card has been used to pay for the ticket/ That might be a possible explanation for what the OP was asking about, which was why they are sometimes asked for sight of the card and sometimes not, even though Comfort+ in itself does not include a free checked bag on intra-US itineraries.

On DL, if you have a credit card and Skymiles account, they are linked and you should never need to show your card for free bags. The only way that I can think of is, if you aren't a Skymiles member, then you would need to show the card.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

On DL, if you have a credit card and Skymiles account, they are linked and you should never need to show your card for free bags. The only way that I can think of is, if you aren't a Skymiles member, then you would need to show the card.

You must be a SkyMiles member,  and have your number on your reservation to receive the free checked bag.

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 2