HMC Cabana & Second Excursion

MistyRo76

We have a stop in Half Moon Cay on our October cruise. Was considering booking a Cabana there to have a place to keep our stuff and get out of the sun a bit. But I would also like to maybe do the stingray excursion or something fun with our 9 year old daughter. My question is - if we book the Cabana, will the system allow us to also book another excursion for the same location? 

No it won't, someone else was reporting this.

My advice is to book the cabana now (they often sell out). The stingray excursions typically do not sell out. Book that one once onboard.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mz-s said:

No it won't, someone else was reporting this.

My advice is to book the cabana now (they often sell out). The stingray excursions typically do not sell out. Book that one once onboard.

Thanks! That's exactly what I did! Showing only 2 cabanas left...so I grabbed one just to be sure we got one!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks! That's exactly what I did! Showing only 2 cabanas left...so I grabbed one just to be sure we got one!

When you board, go IMMEDIATELY to Shore Excursions to request your cabana location, since it is first-come, first-served. 

I'm fond of #9, 10 or 11 since they are far enough away from the Pirate Ship Bar to avoid the hullabaloo, but not completely remote and wayy out.  AND, there's a set of restrooms right there as well. 

9 hours ago, Pellaz said:

When you board, go IMMEDIATELY to Shore Excursions to request your cabana location, since it is first-come, first-served. 

I'm fond of #9, 10 or 11 since they are far enough away from the Pirate Ship Bar to avoid the hullabaloo, but not completely remote and wayy out.  AND, there's a set of restrooms right there as well. 

Thanks! My next to-do was going to be to research Cabana locations to figure out where we want to be! I will make note of 9-11 and try to snag one of those! And thankfully, I'm Platinum so we can board early to try to get our desired Cabana location! 

14 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks! My next to-do was going to be to research Cabana locations to figure out where we want to be! I will make note of 9-11 and try to snag one of those! And thankfully, I'm Platinum so we can board early to try to get our desired Cabana location! 

Awesome!  One big reason why I've gotten FTTF in the past was to get to ShoreEx ASAP to get a decent cabana location.   On one occasion I literally made it within seconds:  when I got to the desk only Cabana #9 was left out of those three...and the person behind me in line, who had gotten there about 20 seconds after me, told me she would have taken it.  🙂    (We were both members of the cruise's Roll Call, and we laughed about it.  She got #8.)  

13 hours ago, hard_eight said:

35 Half Moon Cay Cabana Map - Maps Database Source

What an odd map!  

It must be extremely old, since it doesn't show the Pirate Ship Bar, the Grand Cabana ("Private Oasis") or any of the two-story villas.  It also shows only ten cabanas and there are 15 or 16 of 'em.