bidding YC cabin to better YC cabin?

Linda W.

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

I would like to know this as well. We're currently booked in a YC Grand (walk-in closet on 19) for 2 weeks next month on Seascape. Just received another round of upgrade offers for both weeks, for Royal and Owner's suites. The cost to upgrade to the Royal would still be almost 5k per week and the Owner's is even more. 

My experience has been no . On our Seaview sailing the Royal stayed empty the entire time and if I wanted to pay $3500 I could have it.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:19 AM, xcell said:

I guess the ship wasn't sold out?

May I ask, was this a free upgrade ot monetary?

Under $300 total for the 4 night cabin upgrade on Seaside. 

Under $500 total for the 7 night cabin upgrade on Seashore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motegi said:

Under $300 total for the 4 night cabin upgrade on Seaside. 

Under $500 total for the 7 night cabin upgrade on Seashore.

Thanks...

For this upcoming cruise (woohoo, tomorrow), they wanted $1200 CDN pp min bid to go from YCI to YCD.

I think my cruise is fully booked or all the YCD are sold out.

31 minutes ago, xcell said:

Thanks...

For this upcoming cruise (woohoo, tomorrow), they wanted $1200 CDN pp min bid to go from YCI to YCD.

As Motegi points out, if there is something available, you can wait and check when you get on board. On Meraviglia last fall, we immediately went to the concierge desk and signed up for a chance to upgrade.  Had to wait until they closed out check-in time, but we were in our balcony cabin before sail away. Cost was about $500 for the upgrade in total.

6 hours ago, xcell said:

Thanks...

Just to clarify, the numbers I mentioned were not though the online bidding website.  These offers were given by the concierge after we boarded.  

Our cruise also appeared nearly sold out online with only two YC1 showing available when we booked our cruise two months ago.

However after we boarded we found out that there were only 160 passengers in Yacht Club with 14+ cabins unoccupied. 

9 minutes ago, Motegi said:

Just to clarify, the numbers I mentioned were not though the online bidding website.  These offers were given by the concierge after we boarded.  

Our cruise also appeared nearly sold out online with only two YC1 showing available when we booked our cruise two months ago.

However after we boarded we found out that there were only 160 passengers in Yacht Club with 14+ cabins unoccupied. 

Wow...  I don't think that will be the case for our cruise.

10 hours ago, Motegi said:

There are 18 cabins left in our YC for a cruise in a couple of months time. The duplex and YINs are apparently gone but lots of balcony’s left.

I think the pricing here in the U.K. may be to blame. Last year a week was about £3400, this year £5200 so a large jump in price. You are now paying for a YIN what you paid for a balcony in YC last year.

It will be interesting to see what they do nearer to the sail date as that’s a lot of cabins to fill and the upbid from anything but YIN and Aurea suite would have to be substantial I would imagine.