Earliest flight out of SEA on disembarkation day...

KKB

We are due in at 7AM.

What is the earliest flight one would book?

(for example, in FLL I could book a 10AM flight with few concerns--but in LA or NYC that wouldn't work)

As I posted on Monday's thread...

Word of warning- it was Seattle's spring break last weekend, so a busy time for the airport but not nearly the cruise crowds. People were lined up to the parking garage for security, taking over 75 minutes to get through. It's honestly hit or miss. If you don't have precheck, I wouldn't schedule a flight before 12:30. If you have precheck, 11:30 is the absolute earliest. If you have precheck and CLEAR you could flirt a little earlier but I wouldn't. My ship last year didn't clear customs until after 8am, making for some very stressed passengers. 

If you don't have precheck, highly recommend SEA Space Saver - https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

I wish I could give you more than a gut feeling, and some personal experience, but if you don't want to be sweating bullets or generally uncomfortable on disembarkation day, a later flight is a better choice.  I'd opt for early afternoon, if possible.  As @Ferry_Watcher stated, 11:30 or later is a good rule of thumb.  And the SeaTac Spotsaver link that @psuboater shared will also be very useful.  Use it.

SeaTac is not a bad airport, but the terminal is too small for the number of flights coming and going and that leaks over to security screening areas that are also too small, and frankly very inefficiently run.

11:30-12:00 would be my recommendation.

Do keep in mind that the airport isn’t super close to the port like in FLL. Lines at security can be horrendous. We actually chose to spend the night in SEA and then fly out early the next morning

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tapi said:

11:30-12:00 would be my recommendation.

Do keep in mind that the airport isn’t super close to the port like in FLL. Lines at security can be horrendous. We actually chose to spend the night in SEA and then fly out early the next morning

Seriously considering that.  Which hotel do you use?

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn SeaTac as well as the Four Points SeaTac and both have been clean and pleasant. I live on one of our islands that need a ferry to get to, so if my flight gets in too late to get the last ferry, I stay at one of these hotels. 

33 minutes ago, psuboater said:

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn SeaTac as well as the Four Points SeaTac and both have been clean and pleasant. I live on one of our islands that need a ferry to get to, so if my flight gets in too late to get the last ferry, I stay at one of these hotels. 

Thank you.  I live in North Alabama and have a cruise from Seattle on Norwegian scheduled for Sep 2025.  I cruised out of Vancover in 2019 and it was  a real hassle getting flights.  Although I can get better flights out of seatle, I want to avoid a mad rush to get to the airport and I do not want to do a redeye.  Therefore, overnighting near the airport is very attractive.  I've been considering either the Marriott or the Embassy Suites.  I'm very familiar with the Hampton Inn and I'll take a look at the four seasons.  Thanks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

If you want something near the airport but with a much nicer vibe, the Ceaderbrook Lodge is very nice.  It isn't the least expensive airport hotel, but it is a very nice stay without the airport hotel vibe and beautiful grounds.

8 hours ago, jeromep said:

If you want something near the airport but with a much nicer vibe, the Ceaderbrook Lodge is very nice.  It isn't the least expensive airport hotel, but it is a very nice stay without the airport hotel vibe and beautiful grounds.

I'm not so concerned about cost.

Looking for clean, comfortable, close to airport. 

Would prefer a hotel with a good on-site dining. 

16 hours ago, missie93 said:

Try the crowne plaza they have a good onsight restaurant and it is walking distance to the airport or they have a shuttle which goes to the airport every 20 minutes. 

That's the kind of hotel I'm looking for.  So far, I'm looking at the Marriott and the Hilton.  I'll add Crown Plaza to the list. Any thoughts on the Marriott or the Hilton?

Thank you.

We stayed at the Hilton once and it was fine, we’re gold with Hilton properties.  I prefer the crowne plaza at SeaTac either is walking distance to skywalk across the street to airport. We do park and fly so generally CP is cheaper.

• Like 1