Upgrading Elite Drinks

Arubamoose

Last few Celebrity cruises I have done AI.  Next cruise we are not taking a drink plan, instead we are relying on our Elite status for happy hour.  We have a lot of OBC on this cruise.  And it has been quite a while since we have done Elite happy hour (at least 2018).

DH is a hardcore single malt scotch drinker.  Can he upgrade to a better scotch on the Elite plan for the difference in price?  Or will he just need to pay full price for the better scotch?

I believe you are going to get different opinions because I am sure people have had different experiences.

My experience is that each bartender is going to handle it differently. I say that because of the classic vs premium package ( I know you are not purchasing a package) but my point is that last month while cruising people would order a drink, then show their card and having the classic package, the bartender would say that drink  is not included in the classic package. Some bartenders let it go and some charged the difference.  

I guess they could do the same with the Elite benefit. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

Last few Celebrity cruises I have done AI.  Next cruise we are not taking a drink plan, instead we are relying on our Elite status for happy hour.  We have a lot of OBC on this cruise.  And it has been quite a while since we have done Elite happy hour (at least 2018).

DH is a hardcore single malt scotch drinker.  Can he upgrade to a better scotch on the Elite plan for the difference in price?  Or will he just need to pay full price for the better scotch?

They don't allow up grades from the Captain's club drink menu.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

There is no elite plan. There is a menu of drinks which are included during the happy hour. If you go off menu, you need to pay for your drink.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses.  As mentioned - it's been a while since we used our Elite drink privilege and wasn't sure what was allowed - especially with all the changes since covid.

I know what drinks are included in the menu.  I am happy with a plain old vodka martini.

It's not worth it for us to get a drink plan.  DH will just have to pay up!  

Edited by Arubamoose
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There is no elite plan. There is a menu of drinks which are included during the happy hour. If you go off menu, you need to pay for your drink.

Hi!  Would you know if this menu is available somewhere?  It would be nice to see it before deciding to go AI or not.

Thank you.

5 to 7 PM except embarkation night. Not available in main dining room or in world-class bars or selected other bars ( Specific excluded locations are spelled out on the Captains Club instructions you receive in your state room and vary by ship)

C869C5AD-D7C2-4786-B0AF-95C566C00DB9.jpeg

On 4/8/2023 at 9:20 AM, Arubamoose said:

Thanks for the responses.  As mentioned - it's been a while since we used our Elite drink privilege and wasn't sure what was allowed - especially with all the changes since covid.

I know what drinks are included in the menu.  I am happy with a plain old vodka martini.

It's not worth it for us to get a drink plan.  DH will just have to pay up!  

Just giving a heads up that if you want the particular brand of liquors that are on the Elite menu, be sure to ask for them. If you don't specify Absolut martini, they will use the 'house' brand. It has been Taaka or Barton's on most of my recent cruises.

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
typo