Boston Cruise port

Daisyloo

We have no experience at travel to/from Boston cruise port.  

I will be travelling with my elderly mother and want to plan ahead so as to make it as easy and painless as possible.

Where do the cruise ships dock?  We will be arriving on a Holland America ship if that makes a difference. 

How far is it to Logan airport from the port?  Any idea of a rough estimate of the cost of a taxi to the airport?

Any information you can give me regarding this port would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

45 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

Where do the cruise ships dock?  We will be arriving on a Holland America ship if that makes a difference. 

The Raymond Flynn (Black Falcon) Terminal in South Boston-- all cruise ships dock here so not dependent on a specific cruise line. 

47 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

How far is it to Logan airport from the port?  Any idea of a rough estimate of the cost of a taxi to the airport?

Very quick and easy-- about 10 minutes total. Maybe $15-20 total in an Uber or Lyft. Taxis will depend on availability-- there aren't as many in Boston as there once were. 

50 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

Any information you can give me regarding this port would be greatly appreciated.

There is a ton to see and do in Boston depending on the time you have there-- lots to read on these boards and happy to answer any specific questions if you can narrow it down a bit. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

The Raymond Flynn (Black Falcon) Terminal in South Boston-- all cruise ships dock here so not dependent on a specific cruise line. 

Very quick and easy-- about 10 minutes total. Maybe $15-20 total in an Uber or Lyft. Taxis will depend on availability-- there aren't as many in Boston as there once were. 

There is a ton to see and do in Boston depending on the time you have there-- lots to read on these boards and happy to answer any specific questions if you can narrow it down a bit. 

Sometimes the Cruise lines w ill include a tour of Boston along transport to the Airport.  Check that out , I enjoyed one of the ones that Royal  offered as an excursion.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I don’t think this will work for you and mom but others may find it helpful. The SL1 bus runs from the airport. There is room for luggage. If you get off at Silver Line Way it is an 11 minute walk to the port. It is always free from the airport heading into Boston. As of today 5/12/23 it was also free heading to the airport. I mention this because on the MBTA website it only mentions it being free heading into the city. 

• Like 2