Old Princess plus vs new old

lexyplexy

The big 3 for sure!

You will have tips paid, the drink package and one internet account.  Whether you get deserts, I m not sure. I had the package before the price increase but the premium deserts were not available yet.

From what I can gather, the answer is no, but also 'kind of'.  On my cruise personaliser, where it used to say "Princess Plus' it now says 'Princess Plus 50';  those with the new Princess Plus have a different notation.  I take that to mean that on board, staff will know that I am not entitled to whatever it is that comes with the new Plus package (I am not clear but it might be the exercise classes and those awful looking icecream sundaes?) but I am entitled to the plus drinks package (I am pretty sure its the same package, regardless of when you bought Plus) and wifi (Australians don't have gratuities included).

FWIW, I bought my cruise on the Australian website, but it is a cruise in Europe. 

32 minutes ago, lexyplexy said:

I ordered the Princess plus under the old price. Do you get grandfathered in with the new package? 

Thank you

We are currently on a cruise booked with the plus package in March 2021.  At that time the plus package was $40 per day.  The price never increased for us but the alcoholic drinks dollar limits did increase to match whatever was the current limit.  We did not receive the new perks added with the most recent increase nor did we expect to.

• Like 1

Just recently off the Caribbean P in Feb.  I had booked Plus at the old rate.  I think everyone was "getting used" to the new program as far as the premium desserts were concerned.  The only place that served these desserts was "Coffee and Cones".  I was pretty sure that I had documentation that I had received very shortly before sailing that I was eligible for the desserts...maybe I was, maybe I wasn't.  Anyway...the girl at "Coffee and Cones" basically was adamant that I did not have that benefit.  The couple we were traveling with (that had booked the same time we did and with Plus...and standing right next to me) had no issue at all getting one!  They graciously just ordered one for me.  Now, after seeing exactly what I'd received (there were NO pictures available) I highly doubt that I will ever order one again...even now that I am FULLY booked under the "new Plus".  They are basically serving up sugar comas! 😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lexyplexy said:

I ordered the Princess plus under the old price. Do you get grandfathered in with the new package? 

Thank you

No.  I got off the Sapphire last week and had the old package. $12 price limit and none of the new stuff.  

3 hours ago, suekel said:

No.  I got off the Sapphire last week and had the old package. $12 price limit and none of the new stuff.  

That is different than what it has been on other Princess ships which has been $15 price limit and, as you had, none of the new stuff.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

That is different than what it has been on other Princess ships which has been $15 price limit and, as you had, none of the new stuff.

I was on the Sapphire.  They did everything old school.. old menus in the MDR  and Sabatinis, ships log and the atmosphere on the ship felt like 2018.

9 hours ago, suekel said:

11 minutes ago, suekel said:

I was on the Sapphire.  They did everything old school.. old menus in the MDR  and Sabatinis, ships log and the atmosphere on the ship felt like 2018.

If it was "old school", perhaps the price lists were as well (in which case the old price limit would be fine)?

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If it was "old school", perhaps the price lists were as well (in which case the old price limit would be fine)?

Except for paying the difference on a few glasses of Silverado,  everything I needed was covered