Caribbean 2024 Summer

C4HCG

Looking to book next year and between June and September the choice is one of 2, ABC or Key West / Bimini / cayman. We are novice cruisers having only done 4 but the only destination of those we’ve not been to is Bimini which we’ve read negative things about. Pre-covid there was certainly wider choice and even last year there was. We don’t want to cruise Europe as we live here and like to combine a few days in Florida with our cruises so the Caribbean is ideal for us. Looked at other lines and nothing for us there either. Hope 2025 sees them return to more varied itineraries for the summer and wonder what the thinking behind this is for 2024, cheaper maybe?

You won’t find this much choice in the summer if you would if you were looking at winter Cruises, possibly because it is hurricane season.   Most of the Celebrity ships are deployed elsewhere in the summer

Edited by cruisestitch

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You won’t find this much choice in the summer if you would if you were looking at winter Cruises, possibly because it is hurricane season.   Most of the Celebrity ships are deployed elsewhere in the summer

Thanks. Get that but the one ship they do have sailing could have more varied itineraries, they did in 2019 and again last year. Disappointing and as I say hopefully 2025 they will.

If it were me, the deciding factor would be when the key west stop occurs. If it’s the first port of call then I’d go with it. If it’s the last port of call before you disembark, then I’d go with the other. We were on a Rcl cruise where Key West was the last port before disembarkation and we had to go through customs on the ship. Everyone had to get in a line up and file through the MDR for customs screening…even if you weren’t getting off the ship in Key West. Even if the process has been much improved since then, I wouldn’t do it. Felt like vacation ended a day early. If key west is the first port, you don’t have to go through all that. 

• Like 1

Choices are limited in the summer.I would’ve preferred an E class. 

This summer only the Equinox is in the Caribbean. 
We are doing the Eastern Route ( 8 nights ) with stops in Tortola and PP which we've never done and then the usual STT, SJ etc .The other is 6 nights GC etc 

Personally the ABC route is better imoand I would’ve much preferred it over what we have this year but it’s the only time that the entire family could get away and really for us the ship is the destination in a sense. 

I would Opt for ABC’s though. 

46 minutes ago, dock said:

Choices are limited in the summer.I would’ve preferred an E class. 

This summer only the Equinox is in the Caribbean. 
We are doing the Eastern Route ( 8 nights ) with stops in Tortola and PP which we've never done and then the usual STT, SJ etc .The other is 6 nights GC etc 

Personally the ABC route is better imoand I would’ve much preferred it over what we have this year but it’s the only time that the entire family could get away and really for us the ship is the destination in a sense. 

I would Opt for ABC’s though. 

We’re doing that route this year too. Last year we did a southern Caribbean one including Antigua, Barbados, st kitts and others, would love to have that one available next summer too. 

4 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Looking to book next year and between June and September the choice is one of 2, ABC or Key West / Bimini / cayman. We are novice cruisers having only done 4 but the only destination of those we’ve not been to is Bimini which we’ve read negative things about. Pre-covid there was certainly wider choice and even last year there was. We don’t want to cruise Europe as we live here and like to combine a few days in Florida with our cruises so the Caribbean is ideal for us. Looked at other lines and nothing for us there either. Hope 2025 sees them return to more varied itineraries for the summer and wonder what the thinking behind this is for 2024, cheaper maybe?

Youre not going to see much variety in Caribbean summer season. I’m almost positive summer 2019 was limited to alternating 7 night eastern and western routes. Prior to 2017 there were no summer Caribbean sailings at all. 2021 was an oddity with the restart. To keep turnarounds on the weekend the 7/7 or 6/8 rotation is really all that works. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Youre not going to see much variety in Caribbean summer season. I’m almost positive summer 2019 was limited to alternating 7 night eastern and western routes. Prior to 2017 there were no summer Caribbean sailings at all. 2021 was an oddity with the restart. To keep turnarounds on the weekend the 7/7 or 6/8 rotation is really all that works. 

Thank you and interesting point about pre 2017. 2019 was our first year ever cruising and we sailed the Equinox twice that year, must have been the two you refer to. Would prefer those to 2024s but no doubt many others don’t. We will probably book the ABCs and have a few days before in Fort Lauderdale and after in Orlando 

Just now, Crazy planning mom said:

Why not try a Bermuda cruise on the Eclipse out of New Jersey?  Bermuda is lovely and you could include pre cruise time in New York.

Good idea. We’d be looking at early September, how’s the weather then?