Dining reservations

Lenbro1944

We are going to be on a 12 night cruise on the Splendor. We are permitted to make1 reservation in advance at each of the specialty restaurants. On a night we have a reservation would we be able in invite another couple that doesn’t have a reservation to join us?

No. The on-line reservation will for two if you pick that option and you will probably be seated at a table for two that night.

You do have the option to take pot luck and pick a shared table for your reservation. If you are traveling with another couple or 2, you can get their booking #s and make the reservation for all of you.

After you board the ship, you can try for an extra reservation with another couple you want to share with. And there is always the possibility that once on the ship you can change your reservation for 2 to 4 to eat with your new friends.  It you will have to check personally with the restaurant. If you have a butler suite he can check for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cwn said:

No. The on-line reservation will for two if you pick that option and you will probably be seated at a table for two that night.

You do have the option to take pot luck and pick a shared table for your reservation. If you are traveling with another couple or 2, you can get their booking #s and make the reservation for all of you.

After you board the ship, you can try for an extra reservation with another couple you want to share with. And there is always the possibility that once on the ship you can change your reservation for 2 to 4 to eat with your new friends.  It you will have to check personally with the restaurant. If you have a butler suite he can check for you.

I have a question.. we are cruising with another couple in Jan.  They will be on their first cruise, we are gold status so can select dining reservations early.  I assume we can not select a shared table and put their reservation number in when we select, correct?  So is it best for us to select a shared table then hope there is still room for them when they select or do we have to wait and simply select on the day they can select?  

5 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

I have a question.. we are cruising with another couple in Jan.  They will be on their first cruise, we are gold status so can select dining reservations early.  I assume we can not select a shared table and put their reservation number in when we select, correct?  So is it best for us to select a shared table then hope there is still room for them when they select or do we have to wait and simply select on the day they can select?  

I should call Regent and ask about being able to add you friends to your reservation earlier than they can actual book….. we have never done this. But I don’t recall being able to change the reservation once made except to cancel it completely and start over. I know you will be able to do the reservation once it is open for them too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

When you do get the answer to this one, would you please follow up with it? I’m interested as well. Thank you!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, texasatty said:

When you do get the answer to this one, would you please follow up with it? I’m interested as well. Thank you!!

I may try what cwn suggests above.  If I get an answer I'll certainly follow up. .We don't make reservations until Oct. so I will wait until a bit closer.  But plan to get my TA to send an email to Regent to ask them.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cwn said:

I should call Regent and ask about being able to add you friends to your reservation earlier than they can actual book….. we have never done this. But I don’t recall being able to change the reservation once made except to cancel it completely and start over. I know you will be able to do the reservation once it is open for them too.

Thanks.  As we get closer I'll get my TA to email Regent.

Edited by papaflamingo

I'd just go ahead and try it now.  Your friends already have a booking number.  The reason they can't book a restaurant now is that it isn't available to them on-line through their account.  However, you can book now and when it asks for the other booking number, I think there is a strong possibility it'll work.  Lots of indications about Regent's IT works suggest they opt for the easiest solution, i.e., blocking your friends from booking now themselves, but not checking status of those you add.  As I recall when we've done this with others with lesser status, I don't recall a problem.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Portolan said:

However, you can book now and when it asks for the other booking number, I think there is a strong possibility it'll work. 

For our December Splendor cruise, I was NOT able to do this, even with the other party's booking number. I had to book our reservations for 2, the wait until her allowed day, cancel ours, and rebook  immediately for 3, adding her as a guest to our reservation. I was able to get our same times/days except for once, when we had to either move the day or the time, I don't recall which.

I even asked Mike Moore for help, and he wasn't able to do it. I didn't try calling Regent direct, though. That might work.

By the way, it's not booking number you need, but suite number.

• Like 1

Just to clarify my dining reservation question. We are traveling with another couple and plan on dining together much of the nights. Can my wife and I reserve a table for 4 in each restaurant and ask the other couple to join us therefore leaving them the ability to still make a preboarding reservation in same restaurants on another evening or 

are we automatically assigned another couple to be seated with us?

Both couples can make reservations at the earliest date.

OK, I stand corrected.  Also, perhaps aging memory, but I'll swear it used to be the other parties booking number since I've always had our traveling companions' suite number at hand, but (thought I) recall having to ask them for the booking number.

Edited by Portolan

1 hour ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Just to clarify my dining reservation question. We are traveling with another couple and plan on dining together much of the nights. Can my wife and I reserve a table for 4 in each restaurant and ask the other couple to join us therefore leaving them the ability to still make a preboarding reservation in same restaurants on another evening or 

are we automatically assigned another couple to be seated with us?

Both couples can make reservations at the earliest date.

I doubt it.  If you add them to your booking, it counts as their once-per-segment booking, too. You can specify "sharing" or not, but not how many at the table. Sharing tables are often six or eight. Only once have we been seated at a four-top (with one other couple).

If you check at the restaurant desk when you board, you might be able to get additional reservations. More likely on a 12-night cruise than on a 7-night cruise.

Each person/couple is allowed ONE advance reservation in each speciality restaurant. If you and your friends want to guarantee sharing  a table for Four in advance, you must have their booking# or room # (?) to do the booking. And that counts as the allowed advanced reservation for all of you. You may be able to get more nights when you get on board. But it is hard to get more sometimes on the 7-12 day cruises especially if they a mostly full.

You can always get a table for 4 in Compass Rose and Sette Mare. But do go early to Sette Mare they usually fill up fast.