New seafood restaurant on Majestic princess

redhawk015

The new restaurant concept will be added aboard several other Princess ships including Majestic Princess (May 5) in time for its Alaska Season, Sky Princess (May 7) sailing from Southampton on Scandinavian and Baltic itineraries this summer and in the fall aboard Discovery Princess.

Princess Cruises Unveils “The Catch by Rudi” New Signature Seafood Restaurant - Princess Cruises

Don't know if anyone will know this just yet, but (specifically for a December Sky Princess cruise), will current pre-cruise reservations in  Bistro Sur Le Mer automatically get transferred to 'The Catch by Rudi'?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 3:54 PM, Robkat said:

Don't know if anyone will know this just yet, but (specifically for a December Sky Princess cruise), will current pre-cruise reservations in  Bistro Sur Le Mer automatically get transferred to 'The Catch by Rudi'?

I'm on the May 20th Majestic southbound Alaska cruise and my Bistro Sur Le Mer reservation was transferred to Harmony, not the Catch.   I had no notification of this, I just happened to check and saw it.  I didn't know about the new restaurant so I was very confused at first.  It would have been nice to have had some notification from Princess about the reservation no longer being valid due to the restaurant no longer existing.   So far I've been unable to cancel it and have created a new reservation for the Catch that is 10 min later than my original reservation.  The app says since I'm double booking it will cancel the existing reservation, but it didn't.  Guess I'll get it cancelled after we board. 

1 hour ago, mschulman said:

I'm on the May 20th Majestic southbound Alaska cruise and my Bistro Sur Le Mer reservation was transferred to Harmony, not the Catch.   I had no notification of this, I just happened to check and saw it.  I didn't know about the new restaurant so I was very confused at first.  It would have been nice to have had some notification from Princess about the reservation no longer being valid due to the restaurant no longer existing.   So far I've been unable to cancel it and have created a new reservation for the Catch that is 10 min later than my original reservation.  The app says since I'm double booking it will cancel the existing reservation, but it didn't.  Guess I'll get it cancelled after we board. 

@mshulman: Happened for us the same as it did for you.  However, we were aware that BistroSLM was being closed, so we were doing a daily check in our booking to see what would happen with our BistroSLM reservation.  

Just a couple of days ago, we saw that the reservation had been changed to Sabatini's, and, again,  also like you, with no notification from Princess

(which we would have appreciated).

Our reservation had been made using a specialty dining credit from the Premier package.  We cancelled Sabatini's and then planned to rebook into Catch, but the dining credit was now not showing.  However, about a day and a half later, the specialty dining credit showed back up and we went ahead and booked Catch using it.

It was interesting that Princess moved the reservation from BistroSLM to Sabatini's, instead of the restaurant that actually replaced Bistro, but,  ours is not to reason why ...