shareholder OBC

pmjnh

4 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks. The only paperwork I have on this cruise is from my TA, and I booked it before I applied for the military or shareholder credit. I suppose I will just ask him for an update after I've submitted my request for the shareholder benefit. However, in the past he's not included that or the military credit on his invoices.

Shareholder credit - Weird. So where does the shareholder credit show up?

Doug

HAL takes the position that it is up to the Travel Agent (if you use one) to provide you with such information. If you booked directly with HAL, it would show on your payment page, but only a total, not a breakdown. Your TA can provide you with a guest copy of HAL's invoice, but again that only shows the total OBC, not a breakdown.

One note on the Military OBC. It states that it is only for new bookings. For the most part it has been applied retroactively but your TA has to push a bit for it.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:00 AM, YXU AC*SE said:

Actually in pro forma HAL IT prowess, Carnival hasn't updated their website -- the benefit has been extended through July 2024 as published in CCL's annual report which one can find at page 3 here: 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/ef80ac8c-e40e-42ad-ba8e-62a02fb13d6d.   Scott. 

image.thumb.png.c7c218d04e8c8924efac31933b9aeb00.png

Just an FYI.... If you are a "faxer", I noticed that the HAL  Fax number from the 2023 form is different from the number on the 2024 form. Same with the email address.

I just called them and asked...the newest number is incorrect. They transposed the last four numbers. The correct number ends in 6080 as on the 2023 form . She said they are working on getting it changed on the form.

The new email is correct. It goes directly to the shareholder group whereas the other email will work but it is just a general email address.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

HAL takes the position that it is up to the Travel Agent (if you use one) to provide you with such information. If you booked directly with HAL, it would show on your payment page, but only a total, not a breakdown. Your TA can provide you with a guest copy of HAL's invoice, but again that only shows the total OBC, not a breakdown.

One note on the Military OBC. It states that it is only for new bookings. For the most part it has been applied retroactively but your TA has to push a bit for it.

I know from past experience that my TA has always said I need to apply myself for both my military and my shareholder credits; which makes sense to me. I have no trouble doing that, so it's never been an issue before. The  final invoice (and others) I get from my TA, marked Paid in Full, lists the credits that HAL provides such as beverage package, gratuities, specialty dining, etc but has never shown my military or stock benefit. No big thing, they (if the cruise line offers it/them) have always shown up in the past on my account once I board the ship. Sometimes even earlier, as in t he case of my last Princess cruise. I think I've seen it on prior Princess cruises prior to sailing also, but I cannot remember.

I'll get on the phone with HAL later this week, and hopefully get a verbal okay that I will receive the military credit.

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I know from past experience that my TA has always said I need to apply myself for both my military and my shareholder credits; which makes sense to me. I have no trouble doing that, so it's never been an issue before. The  final invoice (and others) I get from my TA, marked Paid in Full, lists the credits that HAL provides such as beverage package, gratuities, specialty dining, etc but has never shown my military or stock benefit.

Different TAs and PCCs handle this differently. My former PCC and my current TA both handle such things when asked. I had to fill out the form for Military Credit but once approved she has made sure it was applied. I generally do the Stock Credit myself but again she has when requested.

As far as the invoices you have received from your TA, those are generated by their accounting software. When changes are made to a reservation HAL provides, upon request, a receipt in two parts. One is for the TA, the other is for the guest. It is generally a four page pdf. The first page contains the Guest and Payment information.

Guest.pdf

Note the line that says On Board Credit. That is the total of the HAL (or CCL) supplied OBC. Any OBC provided by the TA will not appear here.

The second page contains any packages (HIA, Gratuitues, etc) as well as cancellation information. The third page is terms and conditions while the following page(s) contain the itinerary.

Most TAs only provide the Guest Copy if pushed. Many don't even know it exists as they work for a large agency that doesn't forward this to the agent. I'm lucky because my agent knows that I want it.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:56 AM, richwmn said:

According to the email confirmation I for military credit it has to be renewed each year, unlike Princess.

Here is the quote from the email I got:

Starting in September 2022 there is a new process for verification that guests need to submit to get the offer. This is on our website at www.hollandamerica.com, under Cruise Deals. Once this is verified you will receive a notification. This offer will be attached to your mariner ID number and is good for 1 year.

Thanks for the info. Just went on the link, fill out the form and got an instant verification. Now I just have to get my cruise.

Chet

On 4/20/2023 at 12:58 PM, richwmn said:

Different TAs and PCCs handle this differently. My former PCC and my current TA both handle such things when asked. I had to fill out the form for Military Credit but once approved she has made sure it was applied. I generally do the Stock Credit myself but again she has when requested........

Most TAs only provide the Guest Copy if pushed. Many don't even know it exists as they work for a large agency that doesn't forward this to the agent. I'm lucky because my agent knows that I want it.

Thanks, I'll ask my TA for a copy. I occasionally get something similar to that from other cruise lines when there has been a change to the air travel I've booked through the cruise line. The last time we cruised on HAL was several years ago so I don't recall if I got one from them.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 7:24 PM, triiip42 said:

Hi @pmjnh , we also use TD Ameritrade.

we sign into our account, then under the  "My Account" tab, we select "History and statements"....

then select "statements"... under here you will find a statement for every month...

Just select the last /newest one..... The TD name and address are on here, as well as the date, your name and address, etc. our page 4 has the CCL stock and amount of stock.

On ours pages 3 and 4 are what we print out.

Per HAL/CCL we black out our account number on all pages as well as all other info that is none of their concern. All they want is the above mentioned stuff and the line showing the CCL stock and number. I pretty much black out everything else and they(HAL) have always accepted it.

I then FAX it and it is usually applied within a day or two.

Hope that helps.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:29 PM, HAL4NOW said:

You should be able to login, go to the "My Account" tab, click on "statements" under the "History and Statements" column. You will get links to monthly pdf files of your statements. Open the most recent pdf file and you should find all the information you need.

If your transaction doesn't show in the most recent statement, try the "confirmations" link in that same column. When you have the pdf file opened, you should be able to use the draw tool to black out your account number before sending anything to HAL.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for both of your help...I have but one more question...I have my shareholder statement. Pages 1,2 and 3 have cash activity summaries, performances summaries, etc.as well as closing balances. Should I black out all that monetary information as well as our address and account number?

Thanks,

JOAN

18 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Thank you for both of your help...I have but one more question...I have my shareholder statement. Pages 1,2 and 3 have cash activity summaries, performances summaries, etc.as well as closing balances. Should I black out all that monetary information as well as our address and account number?

Thanks,

JOAN

Your choice

25 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Thanks,

JOAN

As @HAL4NOW said, its your choice....I leave my address for HAL but definitely black out the account number, They actually say to black that out. Also, I black out all cash amounts, summaries, etc...I just leave the TD name, dates showing this was just printed, my name and address, and then the CCL line with number of shares...that has always worked...

When I had a lot of extraneous info I didn't want to share , I blocked it out with folded paper and copied it as it was easier than blacking everything out.

I also discovered my scanner could see through my black marker.   So I do squiggles with a black pen over vital information and then use the black marker over that.  And then I check the scan before I send it.

33 minutes ago, triiip42 said:

As @HAL4NOW said, its your choice....I leave my address for HAL but definitely black out the account number, They actually say to black that out. Also, I black out all cash amounts, summaries, etc...I just leave the TD name, dates showing this was just printed, my name and address, and then the CCL line with number of shares...that has always worked...

Done and Done...Thanks so much for yours and everyones input to help out this shareholder newbie ! 

• Like 1