Cancelled MTD

Posted earlier that I was trying to book early dining for 7 of us (3 kids) on Explorer our of Ravenna next month but no availability for 6pm or thereabouts. As a backstop I booked MTD a couple of weeks ago for later times each day (7.30 etc). However I’ve just received a load of emails advising that they are all cancelled by Royal Caribbean. They gave no reason for doing so and I wonder if anyone has experienced this before and what the reasoning was please. 

Just checked the emails and on the cruise planner and the cancellations are only for my wife and I. My daughter and her family (includes three kids) are still booked on at the times I reserved. This is even more worrying now and I don’t want to be split from my family. Jeez

Cruise is definitely not cancelled but it’s really strange that my wife and I are cancelled from MTD and my daughter isn’t. Looked at MTD reservations on the app and they are sold out now. Looks like the cruise is full. Will phone my TA today as they don’t come out of this smelling of roses. This should have been arranged when I booked it in early 2022. 

5 hours ago, scottraveller said:

This should have been arranged when I booked it in early 2022. 

Sounds like you have a default of MTD with your TA and that's what they booked for you on initial cruise booking. While they may have access to booking MTD times, booking dining times may not have been open that far out - expecting them to keep looking when it opens and booking that for you is a bit much. Now, if you told them to book you in early traditional and they didn't do it, that's on them.

BTW, don't try to figure out why RCI does anything related to IT (likely the reason for your cancellation) - it just leads to frustration.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Spoke with my TA and they have confirmed that my wife and I have been given an early dining room slot. My daughter and her family have been put on the waitlist for the early dining (6pm). Anyone know how likely it is that we will be successful and get the additional 6pm slot so we are all together. I’m guessing how long is a piece of string here

On 4/25/2023 at 5:21 AM, scottraveller said:

Spoke with my TA and they have confirmed that my wife and I have been given an early dining room slot. My daughter and her family have been put on the waitlist for the early dining (6pm). Anyone know how likely it is that we will be successful and get the additional 6pm slot so we are all together. I’m guessing how long is a piece of string here

Didn’t your TA have your reservations linked?

Edited by c-leg5