Cost of Princess shuttle from Galveston port to Hobby airport?

tabprincess

Does anyone have any idea how much the Princess shuttle is from port in Galveston to Hobby airport?  Also, approximately what time it would get to airport?  This will be our first time at Galveston port and from what I've read AFTER booking this cruise (from FLL - Galveston), it sounds like this port is a lot more difficult to get out of and to airport.   I have no idea what time I should book for our return flight!

Thanks in advance for any insight!

22 hours ago, tabprincess said:

Does anyone have any idea how much the Princess shuttle is from port in Galveston to Hobby airport? 

I do not know the answer to your question personally as we've never sailed from Galveston...but you should be able to look under the "Travel" section in your Cruise Personalizer and see.  (Might not be visible if you are booked through a TA.)  Scroll down below the flights section.

Thanks, I tried that under Cruise personalizer, but it just says transfers are available and contac your TA.

31 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I do not know the answer to your question personally as we've never sailed from Galveston...but you should be able to look under the "Travel" section in your Cruise Personalizer and see.  (Might not be visible if you are booked through a TA.)  Scroll down below the flights section.

1 minute ago, tabprincess said:

Thanks, I tried that under Cruise personalizer, but it just says transfers are available and contac your TA.

Did you book this cruise via a TA?  I have one cruise currently booked through a TA and that's what it says for that one.  Two other cruises show as:

image.thumb.png.9c255983b1a9a323d07cbd5790c745ee.png

Our cruise left Galveston (Ruby - repositioning). 

I asked others how they got to Galveston and some suggested Galveston Express and another suggestion was Space City Moms Shuttle and the final was Salt Water Moms. 

These were Houston residents using the shuttles because this is a one way voyage (and we will all fly back from San Francisco). 

Don't use the Princess shuttle from Hobby, either way. The problem is that most people go out of Bush, so at Hobby they wait until they have a full bus, which in my case was over 2 hours at the airport. I booked Galveston Express on the return trip for $30 or so, a smaller van that was quick and efficient and was already mostly full of passengers it picked up first from a Royal Caribbean ship, so there was no wait once it got there and I loaded. Hobby is a small airport, so it's easy to find the shuttle waiting area and they give good directions, whereas on the Princess shuttle there was a long trek to a bus parking area, with all the infirm passengers taking forever to get there and on the bus with their tons of luggage. There was no traffic going to and from the port on a Sunday for Ruby Princess, so it was under an hour each way, I believe, and again quicker going back in a smaller van than in a big bus. 

You can do practice bookings with Uber and Lyft also to check price, and I think it might be cheaper and more convenient to just get a pickup at a hotel and go to the airport on the return trip that way, so there's no delays, and with 2 people the price would probably be cheaper than any sort of transfer. I used Uber to visit the Museum District near Downtown Houston the day after my cruise, and it was dirt-cheap, and after all the transfer hassles, I wish I'd just gone with them to get to the ship, since I wouldn't have had to go back to the airport at all. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Hobby or Bush?

Bush,  and I was confused with "round trip"?  As we embark in Southhampton I wasn't sure what was being asked.  We may or may not keep the transfer as we will explore private transportation nearer to the cruise.  We have used Princess transfers in the past and were not a fan.  As was mentioned, waiting around for a full bus and then, sorry to say, but "chair hogs".  By that I mean individuals occupying two seats (one for self and one for luggage).  

Edited by goinsoon

My story, worth about what you paid for it.

I was on the Ruby out of Galveston three weeks ago.  I had Princess shuttles both ways to/from Galveston from/to Bush/Intercontinental (IAH).  I prepaid for them back in December; they were $29 each way.  I didn't see any better, less expensive options at that time.

Subsequently, Princess apparently raised the price for shuttles to either airport (IAH or HOU) to $54 each way.

As for the shuttles themselves, they were... OK.  They got me to where I needed to go in reasonable comfort and a reasonable amount of time.  I thought they were a good deal at $29, but you may be able to do better elsewhere at the $54 current price.