Europe 2025 - Which Ships?

lennythenose

Yes I know it is too early and the itineraries have not been announced yet. But I am new to Princess (one cruise) and want to research ships that are “likely” to be in Europe in 2025 just to familiarize myself with the different classes and amenities. 

So what are your best guesses?

Most likely ships (based on current Winter 2024/2025 deployment announcements) :  Sun, Sky, Majestic, Regal, Island.  That would be a 5 ship deployment like 2024 and an increase from the 4 ship deployment for 2023

Caribbean has a big "?" around her right now as she does not have any announced deployment beyond summer 2024 Europe.  She was not included in the recent Caribbean, Panama Canal, West Coast & Hawaii deployment announcements.  Sapphire is most likely going to South America and Aus/NZ/SE Asia previously announced for Winter 2024 to Summer 2025 and she's not going there.  So unless they have something else up their sleeves to do a separate announcement for a new homeport, or additional, unannounced,  itineraries from say Galveston she may be leaving the fleet

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Sun, Sky, Majestic, Regal, Island

Yep, also agreed with all of these, although I think there's a chance Island could be positioned to do something even more unique (like being in Reykjavik or in Boston...we'll see, I'm just putting it out there lol). Emerald has been spotted in a few port listings here and there as well. We also can't forget that Sun's new sister is still scheduled to come out in spring 2025, so this will all be a huge jolt in capacity.

My opinion is that if Princess is really committed to broadening its European network, then stationing a ship in the Adriatic/Aegean area for a full summer season should at least be one of their priorities and I think this can finally happen in 2025, given the chokehold that Royal and Celebrity currently have in the area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

My opinion is that if Princess is really committed to broadening its European network, then stationing a ship in the Adriatic/Aegean area for a full summer season should at least be one of their priorities and I think this can finally happen in 2025, given the chokehold that Royal and Celebrity currently have in the area.

Good point. P&O position a ship  (Azura) in Malta in the summer months,  but I can't see Princess doing that,  due to lack of flight connections to the US.

But basing a ship in Athens would open up many new destinations for the US market.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Good point. P&O position a ship  (Azura) in Malta in the summer months,  but I can't see Princess doing that,  due to lack of flight connections to the US.

But basing a ship in Athens would open up many new destinations for the US market.

Technically Princess already have a ship based in Athens for 2023/24. They have 1 ship that does 7 night sailings in 3 patterns that can be combined into 14 day or 21 day sailings So we have 7 nights Barcelona to Rome, Rome to Athens and Athens to Barcelona. You can book as a 7 day Athens to Barcelona, 14 day Athens to Rome or 21 day Round Trip Athens. The same is possible from Barcelona and Rome.

Princess historically have not based ship on 7 day round trip itineraries in Europe, preferring sailing lengths of 10+ days and/or open jaw itineraries that can be booked as longer back to back sailings, especially in the Mediterranean. 

If Princess do not sell/transfer a ship with arrival of the second Sphere Class I could see them basing a second ship in the Mediterranean on a full season basis, perhaps using Athens as one end of an open jaw itinerary of 10+ days in length.

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Technically Princess already have a ship based in Athens for 2023/24. They have 1 ship that does 7 night sailings in 3 patterns that can be combined into 14 day or 21 day sailings So we have 7 nights Barcelona to Rome, Rome to Athens and Athens to Barcelona. You can book as a 7 day Athens to Barcelona, 14 day Athens to Rome or 21 day Round Trip Athens. The same is possible from Barcelona and Rome.

Princess historically have not based ship on 7 day round trip itineraries in Europe, preferring sailing lengths of 10+ days and/or open jaw itineraries that can be booked as longer back to back sailings, especially in the Mediterranean. 

If Princess do not sell/transfer a ship with arrival of the second Sphere Class I could see them basing a second ship in the Mediterranean on a full season basis, perhaps using Athens as one end of an open jaw itinerary of 10+ days in length.

That is true, and we have done the Barcelona to Athens sectors. But it would be good if Princess offered 14 day round trips from Athens.