Diamond brunch

wwwcruisers

3 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We’ve had the lunch on each of the cruises since we turned Diamond last year.  This was multiple MG’s and Panorama. 

Ya, I am getting the feeling it is the "bigger" ships that do this brunch, and the mid to smaller ones we sail don't.

We are on the Sunshine again in a couple weeks, will be interesting to see.  We sailed on her in January and just the normal snacks passed and drinks.

6 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Ya, I am getting the feeling it is the "bigger" ships that do this brunch, and the mid to smaller ones we sail don't.

We are on the Sunshine again in a couple weeks, will be interesting to see.  We sailed on her in January and just the normal snacks passed and drinks.

Interesting.  The Platinum/ Diamond party on Excel class ships is lame though.  Just a drink on way in and no snacks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Interesting.  The Platinum/ Diamond party on Excel class ships is lame though.  Just a drink on way in and no snacks. 

That is different from the Diamond Event.  We have skipped the Platinum/Diamond Party on all five of our Excel class cruises as it is so lame.  If I have Free Drinks Everywhere, why would I go for one free drink?  For those that don't have some versions of the Cheers package, at least they add one free drink to your card.  But in my opinion, that is lame as well.  We are Diamond Plus on Royal, and every day we get four or five free drinks from any bar at any time.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

That is different from the Diamond Event.  We have skipped the Platinum/Diamond Party on all five of our Excel class cruises as it is so lame.  If I have Free Drinks Everywhere, why would I go for one free drink?  For those that don't have some versions of the Cheers package, at least they add one free drink to your card.  But in my opinion, that is lame as well.  We are Diamond Plus on Royal, and every day we get four or five free drinks from any bar at any time.  

Very aware it’s different from Diamond event.  Even with our drink package we did get the one extra drink added to our card each time on MG. May be a loophole to exceeding 15 drinks. 

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

It depends. We had a lunch on the final sailing of Ecstasy. The sailing before that, cocktails and nibbles. But a lot of them.

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Nobody is forced to go. I don't have Free Drinks Everywhere and don't bother going to the P/D party. I stopped being motivated by alcohol decades ago.

52 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Nobody is forced to go. I don't have Free Drinks Everywhere and don't bother going to the P/D party. I stopped being motivated by alcohol decades ago.

Agreed, but not sure how you got to "Nobody is forced to go"?  Who said anything about it being forced or voluntary?  

If you all notice, the majority of diamonds tend to go on the newer, bigger ships for the 7 plus day cruises. That’s why you see so many different answers as to what type of Diamond event it will be on what particular ship! 6 days or more tend have more diamonds than the 3, 4 and 5 day cruises. We are Diamond. On the Magic (bigger ship) in February (6 days with John Heald) there were so many diamonds they had two separate luncheons, one on the first sea day and the other on the last sea day. April 1 on Freedom (smaller ship, 5 days) we had a nice cocktail party with drinks and appetizers for all of 16 diamonds who were on that cruise. Same for Liberty last year. Will be back on Freedom in 2 weeks for a 5 day and will most likely have the same type event.

2 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

If you all notice, the majority of diamonds tend to go on the newer, bigger ships for the 7 plus day cruises.

Not sure about that. I cruise on the oldest to the newest Carnival ships and there are always other Diamonds. The longer cruises tend to attract more Diamonds than first time cruisers, but you can't get away from Diamonds on any sailing.

22 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Not sure about that. I cruise on the oldest to the newest Carnival ships and there are always other Diamonds. The longer cruises tend to attract more Diamonds than first time cruisers, but you can't get away from Diamonds on any sailing.

That’s what I said, the longer cruises mostly on bigger ships attract more diamonds. Don’t think I’ve ever been on a cruise where there were no diamonds. Closest we ever got was a 3 day on Liberty just before Covid, I think there were only 12 at our cocktail party on that one.

2 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

That’s what I said, the longer cruises mostly on bigger ships attract more diamonds. Don’t think I’ve ever been on a cruise where there were no diamonds. Closest we ever got was a 3 day on Liberty just before Covid, I think there were only 12 at our cocktail party on that one.

Longer cruises yes, but that includes older ships. Bigger ships might have more Diamonds, but bigger ships have more of everyone else, too.

• Haha 1

Well we will see in a couple weeks.  On the Sunrise again as I said and last time just bites and drinks, no brunch.  Again 5 day sailing so will be interesting to see if brunch is served (haven't yet been on ship where they had it).  I will say though, on the Horizon last October we didn't go because we were with family doing other stuff... so maybe on that one there might have been a brunch and I missed it.

• Like 1