New Cruiser - Question on Wi Fi

T1403

We did not purchase any Wi Fi package through Celebrity So I'm guessing we should turn off our wi fi when we get on the ship? If we don't will we automatically be charged one we start sailing and go to ports?  Also, on average, once we drop off our luggage how long does it normally take them to deliver to our cabin?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, T1403 said:

We did not purchase any Wi Fi package through Celebrity So I'm guessing we should turn off our wi fi when we get on the ship? If we don't will we automatically be charged one we start sailing and go to ports?  Also, on average, once we drop off our luggage how long does it normally take them to deliver to our cabin?  Thanks!

If you do not put your phone on airplane mode it will likely connect to the ship's phone service.  For WiFi you need to sign in.

For luggage delivery last week two bags.  One delivered at 3pm the other at 8pm.  Not sure there is normal.  Anything you might need put in a carryon and you can immediately go to your cabin and drop it off.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, T1403 said:

turn off our wi fi when we get on the ship? 

Not necessarily.  Turn on airplane mode---then turn Wifi & Bluetooth back on (you'll need Wifi to use the app).  Your intent is to disconnect from cell service, NOT Wifi.

41 minutes ago, T1403 said:

We did not purchase any Wi Fi package through Celebrity So I'm guessing we should turn off our wi fi when we get on the ship?

Don’t turn off your Wi-Fi, put your phone in airplane mode. That is how you keep from getting charged. Leave the Wi-Fi on so you can connect to the free Celebrity app.

2 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I can't say about Celebrity, but on Royal I found our bags about 10 cabins away from our cabin.  It seems they get them close but not always at your cabin.

On Equinox, my bag was delivered one floor below.  

As mentioned, when the ship leaves FLL or MIA, I put my phone in Airplane Mode.  Then I enable WIFI which will allow me to use the app.

• Like 1

Agree about the wifi and using airplane mode.  Very important to avoid huge cell phone bills.  As to luggage it varies widely.  Are you in a suite?  If so, you will likely get the luggage pretty quickly.  If not, you just never know.  Depends on the port and also how full the ship is.  We've gotten it as soon as an hour or so, and then sometimes not until several hours later.  You almost always get it before dinner/cocktail time, but occasionally I've read about it coming even later.  If it's getting close to dinner time and you still don't have yours, I suggest asking your room steward to see if they can track it down for you.  Please don't bug them about it too early as they are extremely busy on embarkation day delivering luggage and stopping by to meet all of the cabins they support.

They also tell you to keep your phones on ship time and not allow them to switch to local time if you are crossing time zones.

"Activities, reservations, and port arrivals and departures are on the ship’s time. Please make sure your phone is not set to "automatic" for time changes, as we'd like you to stay on ship time throughout your sail.  

Please refer to the Celebrity app, as it is always set to ship time."