Specialty restaurant perk for Sapphire level cruisers

FuninWB

I know that NCL will give us two specialty dining coupons  on our Bermuda cruise. I read somewhere that NCL has changed its policy, and you can now choose any two restaurants you want. Previously, we could go to one of two restaurants  for  each meal.  I know the four were Cagney's, Moderno, La Cucina and Le Bistro, but I am not sure how they were paired. Does  anyone who cruised recently have the answer? What are the choices now? Thanks! 

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

•  Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine
•  Dinner for Two

Service charges are included in this benefit. Guest to present voucher to their server before ordering. Benefit entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée, and a dessert of your choice. Upcharges apply on certain premium menu items. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Dinner coupons are non-transferable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons cannot be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FuninWB said:

I know that NCL will give us two specialty dining coupons  on our Bermuda cruise. I read somewhere that NCL has changed its policy, and you can now choose any two restaurants you want. Previously, we could go to one of two restaurants  for  each meal.  I know the four were Cagney's, Moderno, La Cucina and Le Bistro, but I am not sure how they were paired. Does  anyone who cruised recently have the answer? What are the choices now? Thanks! 

Anywhere you want.

On some ships, Prima, you can not use the wine certificate at some restaurants, Palomar, because they don’t stock the freebie wines. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Prima and you are right, in the past they did offer a choice of the restaurants you listed but that was not the case on our cruise last week. You are now offered a choice of only the Sushi restaurant, the 2 other Asian restaurants or Food Republic only. It was very disappointing and we ended up not using them

2 minutes ago, cruiser5678 said:

Just got off the Prima and you are right, in the past they did offer a choice of the restaurants you listed but that was not the case on our cruise last week. You are now offered a choice of only the Sushi restaurant, the 2 other Asian restaurants or Food Republic only. It was very disappointing and we ended up not using them

Sounds like there was some confusion somewhere. They can be used in any restaurant, as per the details above.

The left side of each coupon says "ANY SPECIALTY RESTAURANT". That includes Cagney's, Onda, and Le Bistro. Did you try to use the coupons at those restaurants and get turned away? It's a shame you didn't manage to claim your dinners!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cruiser5678 said:

I've attached the coupons we received in our cabin last week - very disappointed that Cagney's, Onda and Le Bistro were not included

Sapphire Dining.pdf 38.94 kB · 14 downloads

You read it wrong. It was any speciality restaurant (left side) or 4 items at those specified (right side).

You could have gone to Cagneys, Onda or Le Bistro.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cruiser5678 said:

I've attached the coupons we received in our cabin last week - very disappointed that Cagney's, Onda and Le Bistro were not included

Sapphire Dining.pdf 38.94 kB · 28 downloads

Sorry to hear you missed out on the specialties you could have gone to. It is clearly listed on the left side of the "OR" what your other options were.