How to tell which port is a tender port? On Eurodam to Alaska out of Seattle

Hllb

While things could happen at any time if a ship is delayed leaving there is a master Alaska cruise schedule that is quite definitive.  Ports may require a ship to tender if there are more ships than docks but it doesn't happen that often.  Here's the master schedule:

https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250

The first item is Berth Codes, and for each port there is a list of berth codes with some marked "Anchor" meaning tender required.  For example, there are 4 anchor locations for Juneau (ACT,AIF,AMP, and ASD)

The other thing is a calendar for each port.  Find your ship on the calendar for those ports and you will see a berth code next to hour ship  Ship names are also coded but there's a guide to those codes as well.

Roy

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Great, thanks! I tried googling and saw mixed responses. I don't see anything noted in the app on our itinerary.

Likely since no tender ports.  Normally we see an asterisk by the tender port, 

Guest ldtr
2 hours ago, Hllb said:

I wasn't sure if I could find this somewhere or not? The ports we're visiting: Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, Icy Strait Point, and Victoria.

As far as Ketchikan, Sitka, and Juneau it all depends upon the number of ships in port. If there are more ships in port than the docks can handle then the excess ship or ships have to tender. On my HAL cruise last August there was a Celebrity ship having to tender in Sitka, a Oceania tendered in Juneau, and we tendered in Ketchiksn.  It all depends upon which ships and the number that are in port at that time.

Holland America usually gets the BEST berths in Alaska, due to being "grandfathered in" so to speak, so it would be a very very strange occurrence to have to tender from a HAL ship - if there are so many ships in port that one of them has to anchor off shore, it likely will NOT be a HAL ship.  Sitka used to be a tender port, but no more, and Ketchikan and Juneau - you'll be docked right downtown, as said, in the best spot in town! Get off the ship and hop, skip, or jump right into the Red Dog Saloon!