Desserts Swan Puffs

Wksskier

Several years ago I asked our waiter if they were available.  He checked and said he would see. Next night we got one for each of the table.  I asked to speak to the dessert chef and gave him a tip. He gave swans nightly. However this was some time ago. 

The swan puffs became extinct around 2007-ish.  Here is an old photo of one that was featured in one of Celebrity's cruise brochures:

image.thumb.jpeg.b12f352c8abee332a05a47a8b0606001.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They had a huge display of the swan puffs on the Edge in the Oceanview during our recent cruise in February. Regular, chocolate and I believe they had strawberry and pistachio.

28 minutes ago, lorimay said:

They had a huge display of the swan puffs on the Edge in the Oceanview during our recent cruise in February. Regular, chocolate and I believe they had strawberry and pistachio.

Display or a selection to choose from to eat? 

• Like 1

They were all there available to eat. Each day in the Oceanview they featured some kind of dessert. That day it was the cream puffs. Thinking back on it, I don't know if they all had the swan shape, but there were definitely swans along with the regular cream puffs. I know because I ate one.

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of desserts they used to have but offer no more.  I always enjoyed a nice soufflé but haven't seen them in years, either.  As a matter of fact, I really don't care for many of their dessert offerings these days, which is just as well as I could stand to lose a few!

Someone will be bring this up, so it might as well be me: remember when the waiter would bring out the tray with the actual desserts on them to show you before you ordered?  I'm hungry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Someone will be bring this up, so it might as well be me: remember when the waiter would bring out the tray with the actual desserts on them to show you before you ordered?  I'm hungry.

Yes I do. One of each please. 😁

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes I do. One of each please. 😁

....and sometimes the waiter would bring you both desserts if he could tell that you weren't sure when you were selecting.  I don't know about you, but it taught us a very bad habit that we have practiced many years and pounds later.

• Like 2