Flights by RCCL ?

Just booked southbound Alaska cruise from Seward to Vancouver.
Now I’m looking for flights….Boston to Anchorage, Vancouver to Boston.   $$$$ !!

Any thoughts on booking thru Royal Caribbean or on my own.

I'd suggest you put that route into google flights and on the first page that pops up, click the "track prices" tab and it'll keep an eye on it for you, as well as email you when the price fluctuates. Booking through the cruise line is a risky business, one that I would avoid at all costs.

• Like 1

I almost always book air on my own, Except.....I have 2 Alaska cruises this year and booked both respective air through the cruise line.

RCL had lower prices by about 25% than I could personally book, and then in the middle of the winter they had an Alaska Air2Sea sale that I rebooked under, saving another $100 to $150 per person.

When the airlines were in hyper cancelling mode in late 2021 and early 2022, I had booked flights on my own and wish I had booked via the cruise line.  Glad those times are over.

Eddie

Other added benefits of A2S,

It costs nothing to add flights to your booking 9 months out when flights are first released.  They are fully cancellable anytime until final payment and you don't pay until final.

This lets you at least lock in a rate and if you happen to see a better one later you can cancel and rebook or book on your own with one of the carriers that doesn't release theirs until 6 months in advance.

How many times have you watched prices and it never goes down and only up and you are stuck paying a higher rate.  This is the best of both worlds unless you are really going to gamble and book flights after final payment.

• Like 2

I received a $50 off A2S coupon in the mail yesterday. I decided to check prices via A2S. They were nearly $100 more per flight compared to what Professor Google was telling me, so I decided to pass. I'm waiting for Southwest to open up for my flights (cruise is not until March of 2024).

We were able to book a nonstop international flight with Royal that was less expensive than had I done it on my own. I check occasionally on the flights and will be able to rebook with them for a lower rate if something comes up. 

We really like the flights by Royal and Celebrity.  However on our last cruise we had a problem.  They weren't as responsive as dealing directly with our airline Delta.  We used them because they "lock" the airline price in and you don't pay until you pay for the cruise- however after you pay- not easy or cost effective to modify.

• Like 1

I always book Air2Sea when flying internationally.  We have had cruises cancelled in the last 6 months and I am always thankful that there isn’t an issue with a non-refundable flight that I booked.  We also had a weather issue recently and they made all of the arrangements and got us to the ship on time.

15 hours ago, notscb said:

I'd suggest you put that route into google flights and on the first page that pops up, click the "track prices" tab and it'll keep an eye on it for you, as well as email you when the price fluctuates. Booking through the cruise line is a risky business, one that I would avoid at all costs.

Well we have been on 40 + cruises and never had a problem with A2S