Cheers Package Embarkation Day

COPZWIFE

Quick question...my understanding is our sign and sail cards are now waiting for us at our cabin. If we can't get to our cabin til 1:30 but have the drink package how do order drinks as soon as we get on board?

For reference, sailing out of Charleston so the package supposedly kicks in immediately.

TIA

Your boarding pass has the information necessary to charge things until you get your card.

In case you were not aware you will pay sales tax on all purchases - including Cheers drinks - until you reach international waters. Typically 50 cents or so per drink.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Your boarding pass has the information necessary to charge things until you get your card.

In case you were not aware you will pay sales tax on all purchases - including Cheers drinks - until you reach international waters. Typically 50 cents or so per drink.

Is that only for New Your and Texas

i believe I read that somewhere ? 

2 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

No the tax is charged in all ports I believe.  It is because you are still technically in their state.  I know for sure all FL ports do it too.

I think with TX and NY one or both may be the ports that you can't use your cheers the first day and have to pay full price for the drink.  I may be wrong, but I know there is some state that is the case.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

Any time you are in Uncle Sam's waters, you're going to pay sales tax. It takes about 30, 45 minutes to get out at sea from Charleston. Other ports like Baltimore take substantially longer.

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

No the tax is charged in all ports I believe.  It is because you are still technically in their state.  I know for sure all FL ports do it too.

I think with TX and NY one or both may be the ports that you can't use your cheers the first day and have to pay full price for the drink.  I may be wrong, but I know there is some state that is the case.

Yes, Ny and TX do not allow the Cheers package on day 1.  Naturally, you're also not charged for Cheers on embarkation day.