Sweet and low

cookiersmom

Especially since the shut down and ensuing supply chain issues, there is always some sort of artificial sweetener but not always the same varieties and not always pink and blue and yellow bags -- and sometimes it can be none of the three. The sort may also vary from venue to venue.

If you only use the one variety, then I suggest bringing your own to insure that you always have what you want when you want it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cookiersmom said:

Wondering if Viking ocean has sweet and low on board?   (Pink packets)  thx

We were just on the Sky. To DW's dismay, all they had was Stevia and the old fashion saccharine tablets in a pink package.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

I don’t think they have sweet and low, but they do have something similar—it’s in yellow packets.

When we were on Sea in March, they had Splenda in yellow packets.

My better half believes they had all three colors (pink, yellow & blue) on our January cruise on the Venus. The package colors were the same but not the branding.

I'm old, drink and done alot of drugs in my youth. I may be totally wrong! 😁

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  There are significant differences between green (stevia), yellow (Splenda sucralose) and Sweet and low (mostly saccharine)   They are all zero calories but taste different.  

Based on all your inputs, I'll probably bring some. 

4 minutes ago, cookiersmom said:

Thanks everyone.  There are significant differences between green (stevia), yellow (Splenda sucralose) and Sweet and low (mostly saccharine)   They are all zero calories but taste different.  

Based on all your inputs, I'll probably bring some. 

We brought Splenda with us on our trip on Sea in March because on our previous trip on Jupiter there was none to be found. That was the first time that Splenda wasn’t available on any of our Viking cruises. It’s probably a supply issue, so you can’t count on what will be available for your particular cruise. If it’s important to you, it’s best to bring some along with you. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Especially since the shut down and ensuing supply chain issues, there is always some sort of artificial sweetener but not always the same varieties and not always pink and blue and yellow bags -- and sometimes it can be none of the three.

In fact I think there are now FOUR different kinds of artificial sweetener.

Personally I don't partake, I like the real stuff. Smaller molecules.