Port Canaveral 🅿️ cost increase Or extra day charge Scam

PompeySailor

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here.  But, I like to be fair about things. I've been waiting for this thread run its course before saying this.

All governmental parking facilities in Florida are clearly marked at the parking facility's ticket dispensers and its websites.  The Port of Canaveral goes out of its way, on its website and I'd bet where you pull your ticket (I didn't look at the ticket dispenser (in the business we call it a spitter) because I knew what to expect before I got there), that it charges for the full day you enter and the full day you exit.  You may not like it, I know I don't, but it isn't a "SCAM".  It is what it is advertised, not hidden.  If it was hidden, it would be a scam.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

"Parking Rates 

Parking is $17.00 per day plus tax for vehicles & RVs, including day of arrival and day of departure". 

So, if you go on a 3-night cruise, you pay for parking for 4 days.  If you go on a 4-night cruise, you pay for 5 days of parking.  ...........................

3 nights but 4 partial days:

image.png.a2f8f6a792ce0eb99220e0bc50fd2885.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

You may not like it, I know I don't, but it isn't a "SCAM".

Yep, this.

Also, it's not an "extra" day.  Parking garages can charge by the calendar day or by a 24 hr. period.  If they tell you they charge by the calendar day, and you're there that day, it isn't "extra".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Yep, this.

Also, it's not an "extra" day.  Parking garages can charge by the calendar day or by a 24 hr. period.  If they tell you they charge by the calendar day, and you're there that day, it isn't "extra".

We can go on and on and on

The scam (tongue in cheek) I understand and appreciate and it’s all good 

This has been answered too death and been answered perfectly 

No need to keep going on and on and on and on

I leave at 8am on day 4 and someone parks in my spot on day 1 at 8:01am

THAT Spot makes x2 daily rates 

assuming car park is full

And here is the funny thing, they did not tell me, not published when you park either

why do some people just have to drag it out and jump on the bandwagon when the party was over days ago 😉

Have. Noticed on here lately there are a few that must have Frozen on replay as they have to chime in on every thread and just can’t let it go

geez

$72.76 for 4 days (96 hrs )

actual time in carpark 69hrs 

anyone can do the math and see I pay for 96 hrs and only use 69 hrs 

if that ain’t a scam, then some of you are a little naive 🤪

and I LIKE parking at the terminal, that’s not the debate, I DONT mind paying the price 

some people need to read a thread from beginning, follow the narrative and not just chime in at the end without taking in all the facts evidence and knowledge input THAT has been discussed and divulged and agreed on or disagreed on 

I’m sure that will trigger the ones who don’t know when to stop to take the bait and keep going on 

Happy Days!

23 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here.  But, I like to be fair about things. I've been waiting for this thread run its course before saying this.

All governmental parking facilities in Florida are clearly marked at the parking facility's ticket dispensers and its websites.  The Port of Canaveral goes out of its way, on its website and I'd bet where you pull your ticket (I didn't look at the ticket dispenser (in the business we call it a spitter) because I knew what to expect before I got there), that it charges for the full day you enter and the full day you exit.  You may not like it, I know I don't, but it isn't a "SCAM".  It is what it is advertised, not hidden.  If it was hidden, it would be a scam.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

"Parking Rates 

Parking is $17.00 per day plus tax for vehicles & RVs, including day of arrival and day of departure". 

So, if you go on a 3-night cruise, you pay for parking for 4 days.  If you go on a 4-night cruise, you pay for 5 days of parking.  ...........................

3 nights but 4 partial days:

image.png.a2f8f6a792ce0eb99220e0bc50fd2885.png

They need to update their website as the daily rate is now $18 plus tax 

So that information is incorrect 

I don’t want to get into it with you, I just don’t have the time or energy or inclination to be bothered 

Unless you have the final say, your job is not done.

I remember being in Colchester , look it up a familiar place in UK for MP’s

(Military is the key)

5 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

I don’t want to get into it with you, I just don’t have the time or energy or inclination to be bothered 

(Military is the key)

No, I've said my peace and it's all valid and I stand by it.  You sure know how to go off the rails.  What the hell do UK and MPs have to do with anything here?  WOW.

17 hours ago, Ret MP said:

That's exactly what we did on our last cruise, Oct - Nov, last year.   We got there super early and went to Grills, had breakfast and after that, went to the outside bar and started the adult beverage thing.  

My man!!!   🤗

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

(Military is the key)

So, after reading this yesterday, I decided to verify what Canaveral charges for their parking.  I sent them an email and got this back this morning:

image.jpeg.c0cb3c701a7c9c5c90a13ea8a02abc75.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

So, after reading this yesterday, I decided to verify what Canaveral charges for their parking.  I sent them an email and got this back this morning:

image.jpeg.c0cb3c701a7c9c5c90a13ea8a02abc75.jpeg

Appreciated you contacting the port

and I will be filing a complaint with proof of receipts with $72.76 charge and dates purchased 

I already posted proof of charge and dates for two other port parkings, so getting evidence is easy

We we’re billed $72.76, that is not $17 per day, sorry already been discussed on first page of thread and conclusive at $18 per day plus tax 

I really don’t appreciate being undermined when literally we were at the port 2 days ago and 5 days ago paid with. Credit card $72.76

You wan to call me a liar, then bring it on

But be known, you are bang out of order 

We are nearly pinnacle and been cruising for past 23 years on Royal with over 150 crises between my DW and self

I think we get how it works and you want to pick a fight (not picking on anyone) your words with everyone 

pretty much every thread you go on gets shutdown , or moved.

I’m just glad you stay away from live reviews 

i know you don’t like to be wrong and you come across as a very stubborn person who always has to have the last word 

You can have the last wordm

go for it 

I will be using the contact in your email to highlight the overcharge and that if they think it is $17 but actually it isn’t 

That is a scam,  no matter what the amount 

And going off the rails, if you are Retired Military Police, a lot makes sense 

This thread is no longer on the main board , like most you post on - you wonder why 

20 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Appreciated you contacting the port

and I will be filing a complaint with proof of receipts with $72.76 charge and dates purchased 

I already posted proof of charge and dates for two other port parkings, so getting evidence is easy

We we’re billed $72.76, that is not $17 per day, sorry already been discussed on first page of thread and conclusive at $18 per day plus tax   $17.00 per day X 4= 68.00 then add tax.    $18.00 per day X 4= 72 then add tax.  Florida sales tax is 6%, I don't know if the county or port adds a little of their own tax so that why I didn't figure it out to the penny.

I really don’t appreciate being undermined when literally we were at the port 2 days ago and 5 days ago paid with. Credit card $72.76  

You wan to call me a liar, then bring it on

But be known, you are bang out of order 

Let's see.  I posted, in the form of the businesses own website, that the cost of parking is $17.00 per day + Tax and they charge for the first and last day, which on a 3 night cruise is actually 4 days of parking costs.  Then you come back and state that the information was not correct.  So, I verify and produce proof of what I posted.  I didn't call you any names.  I wouldn't do that IN HERE.  But, I'll let everybody else decide for their own.

We are nearly pinnacle and been cruising for past 23 years on Royal with over 150 crises between my DW and self  

I think we get how it works and you want to pick a fight (not picking on anyone) your words with everyone 

pretty much every thread you go on gets shutdown , or moved.  You really need to check your so called facts.  I post in very little threads.  But, the ones I do post in can become very busy.  

I’m just glad you stay away from live reviews 

i know you don’t like to be wrong and you come across as a very stubborn person who always has to have the last word 

You can have the last wordm

go for it 

I will be using the contact in your email to highlight the overcharge and that if they think it is $17 but actually it isn’t 

That is a scam,  no matter what the amount 

And going off the rails, if you are Retired Military Police, a lot makes sense 

This thread is no longer on the main board , like most you post on - you wonder why 

SMH

So you are ex military police - SMH 

I knew you would still want the final word, it’s like a donkey following a carrot, you can’t help yourself 

Memes are for Humor thread, but if you post on there, they would probably close the thread, you have that skill of ruining a lot of them for the majority of posters 

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

So you are ex military police - SMH 

I knew you would still want the final word, it’s like a donkey following a carrot, you can’t help yourself  And exactly what are you doing?

Memes are for Humor thread, but if you post on there, they would probably close the thread, you have that skill of ruining a lot of them for the majority of posters Oh, believe me, I find this humorous.  

3 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

We we’re billed $72.76, that is not $17 per day, sorry already been discussed on first page of thread and conclusive at $18 per day plus tax 

LOL, didn’t I do the math for you days ago…at the very beginning of the thread?

Oh, well, that’s OK.  Practice makes perfect, so let’s do it again🤣🤣🤣🤣

$17 x 4 = $68 plus 7% tax= $72.76

That’s the math, though I understand your irritation at paying for both the day you enter and the day you leave. Of course, if you are determined to get your money’s worth, pull in a bit earlier and pull out later😀.  At terminal 1, some people park early on embarkation day, then go over to Grills before boarding.  On debarkation day, one could chose to be among the last off the ship.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 7:50 AM, CruisingWalter said:

Nope, as far as I know, Tampa is the only Florida port where you can reserve parking at the terminal itself. We have not had issues parking at Port Canaveral, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so far since the restart of cruising.

Good day everyone. Has anyone used the Park N Cruise service at Port Canaveral? If so, how far is from the RC Terminal? Thanks 🙏 

Park N Cruise is my go to for PC ... less then 10 minutes away

Royal's main terminal is T-1 .... ~3 miles

image.thumb.png.0f249305588c5dad314869f0fec8499f.png

they've been using T-5 for overflow (2 ships same day) but that's still ~ 3 miles