Port Canaveral 🅿️ cost increase Or extra day charge Scam

PompeySailor

The PC off site parking vendor we used before the shutdown now only offers cruise parking for a single ship, Carnival Marci Gras.  Odd choice, though it must simplify their shuttle runs and greatly reduce the number of days they need labor.

18 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

The PC off site parking vendor we used before the shutdown now only offers cruise parking for a single ship, Carnival Marci Gras.  Odd choice, though it must simplify their shuttle runs and greatly reduce the number of days they need labor.

There are quite a few off site parking choices now.  A really big one just north of the barge canal bridge on State road 3 is one of the newest.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

There are quite a few off site parking choices now.  A really big one just north of the barge canal bridge on State road 3 is one of the newest.  

At the restart we began parking at the terminal at PC rather than off site to avoid shared shuttles.  DH is now hooked on the convenience.  Even if they were to crank up the price, it would be tough to get DH back to off site parking so long as it continues to be very convenient at the terminal

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:39 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Florida charges you for both embarkation day and debarkation day. 

Port Everglades doesn't.  Port Everglades charges an hourly rate of up to a daily maximum rate.  This means if you park at say 1:00 PM on embarkation day, and you leave before that time on debarkation, you aren't charged for that partial day. I was the parking facilities manager for Port Everglades for years (retired):

https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

Parking Fees (garages and lots)
  • $15 daily maximum
  • $19 daily maximum for over-sized vehicles (*)
  • $3 for 0 -1 hours
  • $6 for up to 5 hours, and then $1 per hour thereafter up to daily maximum

All daily rates begin when you pull the parking ticket from the machine at the garage or parking lot.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 12:49 PM, PompeySailor said:

So we know it’s pay on entry (only one lane working) at T1 Parking 

Its a 3 night cruise and DW was charged $72.76 

3 Nights, 4 Days. You'll be charged departure day because your car is still in the lot on the day the ship returns. It's the same with all parking garages in Florida. 

15 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

3 Nights, 4 Days. You'll be charged departure day because your car is still in the lot on the day the ship returns. It's the same with all parking garages in Florida. 

As stated numerous times in this thread, it is not the same at all parking garages. Port Everglades is cheaper per day and does not charge 8 days for 7 24-hr periods. Just did  a 7-night cruise at PE for $105. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Clearly you haven't read the thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Read the whole thread

You are incorrect 

I always arrive at party’s early, that way I turn up at the correct house 😎

On 5/5/2023 at 3:56 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

The question's already been answered, but I'll just say this:  I absolutely despise paying to park, especially when I'm giving my business to the people who are collecting the parking fee.  Disney is the worst about this (now that they charge people to park at their hotels).  

They changed that! Iger took back CEO and that was one of the first things changed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

When?  They charged for hotel parking last month.

From Disney's FAQ

Do I need to pay for parking at Disney Resort hotels?

Overnight self-parking is complimentary for Guests staying at our Disney Resort hotels

Beginning TONIGHT (January 10, 2023) Disney will no longer be charging parking fees for resort guests! Unlike other recent announcements that had an expiration date or a vague “for the next few months” free parking for resort hotels appears to be a permanent one.Jan 10, 2023

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

At the restart we began parking at the terminal at PC rather than off site to avoid shared shuttles.  DH is now hooked on the convenience.  Even if they were to crank up the price, it would be tough to get DH back to off site parking so long as it continues to be very convenient at the terminal

We as well.  The last few times we did the off site parking, dealing with the shuttles got to be just too much hassle.  Easy peasy to just drop the luggage at terminal parking, then head up to park.  

At PC #1, one of our favorite things to do to is to score a decent inside parking spot early.  After dropping luggage and parking, we leave the carry on bags in the vehicle and walk over to Grills for Bloody Mary cocktails.  Nice way to start the adventure.  😉  Miss that at T#6. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

We as well.  The last few times we did the off site parking, dealing with the shuttles got to be just too much hassle.  Easy peasy to just drop the luggage at terminal parking, then head up to park.  

At PC #1, one of our favorite things to do to is to score a decent inside parking spot early.  After dropping luggage and parking, we leave the carry on bags in the vehicle and walk over to Grills for Bloody Mary cocktails.  Nice way to start the adventure.  😉  Miss that at T#6. 

I thought you only sailed Royal 

T6 is Carnival

I know you meant T5 😉

29 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

I thought you only sailed Royal 

T6 is Carnival

I know you meant T5 😉

The Jewel, of which we have been on twice (both B2Bs) a few months ago, will sometimes be at T#5, and also T#6.  One time we left out of T#6 and returned to T#5.  They had us park at T#5 at that time, even though we were leaving out of T#6.  Luckily they are right next door to each other, so it was easy to just walk our carry on bags over.  

So now you know.  

And absolutely no, not, ever would I consider Carnival. 😝   Go to a carnival...you find clowns there.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

The Jewel, of which we have been on twice (both B2Bs) a few months ago, will sometimes be at T#5, and also T#6.  One time we left out of T#6 and returned to T#5.  They had us park at T#5 at that time, even though we were leaving out of T#6.  Luckily they are right next door to each other, so it was easy to just walk our carry on bags over.  

So now you know.  

And absolutely no, not, ever would I consider Carnival. 😝   Go to a carnival...you find clowns there.  

And now you know, I know you know I know

😎

For a moment I was worried you had gone over to the dark side 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

And absolutely no, not, ever would I consider Carnival. 😝  

I can't tell you how much I agree with that.  I may have completely different reasons.  But, after years of cruising with them, I'm done, long ago.  Long story that I'll spare everyone from.  But, it has a lot to do with a particular ship and how they treat ADA folks.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

That's exactly what we did on our last cruise, Oct - Nov, last year.   We got there super early and went to Grills, had breakfast and after that, went to the outside bar and started the adult beverage thing.  

• Haha 1

Hello, can you reserve parking at the port? Cruising on RC Wonder  19 November. It’s a Sunday. Worried about parking availability after all the Saturday ship departures. Thinks!!

3 hours ago, o09523 said:

Hello, can you reserve parking at the port? Cruising on RC Wonder  19 November. It’s a Sunday. Worried about parking availability after all the Saturday ship departures. Thinks!!

Not at the port. 

7 hours ago, o09523 said:

Nope, as far as I know, Tampa is the only Florida port where you can reserve parking at the terminal itself. We have not had issues parking at Port Canaveral, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so far since the restart of cruising.

Off topic but parking related.

Anyone know of any other parking at Bayonne?  $30 a day plus the Canadian exchange rate makes me cringe.  Before covid there was another cheaper option that would shuttle you and they were great. They closed during covid and we heard they never reopened.

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

Off topic but parking related.

Anyone know of any other parking at Bayonne?  $30 a day plus the Canadian exchange rate makes me cringe.  Before covid there was another cheaper option that would shuttle you and they were great. They closed during covid and we heard they never reopened.

I just did a quick search for parking around Cape Liberty.  It looks like their websites have shut down or they have gone out of business.  I didn't find anything available.  But, keep in mind, I didn't spend too much time on it either.  You may want to do deep dive into it.  $30.00 per day is totally ridiculous, it wasn't that much when we cruised out of there.  Also, you may want to check into some of the more popular hotels in the area, they may allow you to park there, for a fee, but not provide a free shuttle.  We stayed at a hotel nearby but decided that we didn't like the location (sketchy) and decided to bite the bullet and park at the port parking.   Good luck!

• Like 1

I think something needs to be clarified about parking in Florida.  Most airports and cruise ports are owned and operated by Counties.  Not the state of Florida.  Each county is free to have its own fee structure.  FLL and Port Everglades (I was General Manager for both at separate times, of course.  But, I had responsibilities at both at the same time) are run by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners.  Port of Miami is a Miami-Dade County operation.  However, the Port of Canaveral is an Independent Governmental Agency of the state of Florida and has its own Board of Commissioners.  The Port of Tampa Bay is a part of the Hillsborough County Port District.

As the original OP

I am happy knowing all has been answered with regards to my original post.

We can go off on tangents, dis other cruise lines and even go off on tipping  and service charges and taxes and Dress code in MDR

Im sure this thread will be moved to the Ports area 🅿️

At the end of the day, Port Canaveral charge an extra day w.r.t the duration of your cruise and tax is also added $18.19 per day plus add a day 

Not all carparks in Florida charge for an extra day

Some offsite parking do, but in question was Terminal parking 

All the other ports do not put the extra day on, which has become evident 

CRUISE TERMINAL PARKING

Port Canaveral $18.19  per day , plus add a day 

Port Everglades $15.00 per day

Port Miami $25.00 per day

Port Tampa $15.00 per day (And can be reserved in advance) 

Also agree any county can do as they like and charge how they want, and I am good with that 👍🏻

There we go 

Happy Days!

And to think a charge of $72.76 would generate so much interest 

FRUGALITY RULES 😂

• Like 1