Port Canaveral 🅿️ cost increase Or extra day charge Scam

PompeySailor

I sent the ladies off on a short 3 day Indy sailing out of PC today Terminal 1

So we know it’s pay on entry (only one lane working) at T1 Parking 

Its a 3 night cruise and DW was charged $72.76 

Last time we used PC Terminal 1 parking on Dec 2022 it was $17 per day

my math tells me that should be $51

Is there a new daily rate of $24.25 or are people on 3 night sailings being scammed for 4 days 

It’s a true 3 days of parking, actually just shy of a full 3 days

FRI 11am - Sat 11am

Sat 11 am - Sun 11am

Sun 11am - Mon 8am

Anybody have the latest on the exact daily rate and has anyone else experienced a price hike or being charged for more days than needed ?

Interested to hear from anyone that has parked at T1 PC since Dec 22 to current 

Thanks 

Port Canaveral charges BOTH day of entry AND day of departure.  A 3 day weekend cruise you will pay for 4 days.  I had heard they raised it to $18 which would be $72   They have done it that way for as long as I can remember

Edited by molly361
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

PC has been using a revenue model for several years that counts both the day you park and the day you leave the garage , so a cruise that departs on a Friday and returns on a Monday would be charged for 4 days - $17x4 =$68

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

PC has been using a revenue model for several years that counts both the day you park and the day you leave the garage , so a cruise that departs on a Friday and returns on a Monday would be charged for 4 days - $17x4 =$68

I thought it went up to $18?  That would explain the $72 but not the .76 OP was charged

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all

This was the 1st time having a 3 nighter so all the others being longer the math was easier and made more sense.

We don’t mind paying as long as we know what we are paying for

Appreciated  for all your replies 👍🏻

Happy Days !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Don’t forget the taxman!

$17 x 4 days = $68 + 7% tax = 72.76 

There we go 😎

I like math that makes sense and will happily pay for what it should be 

Probably never paid much attention before, but our December bill for $136 now makes sense at $17 x8 for a 7 night cruise 

And the new rate of $18 also makes sense too 👍🏻

Thanks 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I thought it went up to $18?  That would explain the $72 but not the .76 OP was charged

We were on Wonder from 4/16, and the parking was $145.52. $17/day X 8 days +7% tax

The addition of sales tax as a separate line item instead of raising the flat rate to $18 is a new wrinkle. In January it was a flat $17/day.

By breaking out the sales tax as a separate line item (it was buried in the daily rate before) they increased their revenue for a 7 night cruise from $144 to $145.52.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

But they also only charge for your first cruise if doing a B2B. Well, at least at T1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

Many airports do the same.  When I used to fly to cruise I always had the same extra day of parking charged.  

Agree, haven't done PC but have paid 8 Days for 7 nite many times Cruise Airport and Port, this going back decades

Just now, topnole said:

But more than PE as I recall?

I believe so, PE carges about same rate, but only actual days

Had a late departure in Miami in March and got charged an extra day because we were 5 minutes past our entry time. Nice lady working the gate fixed it

41 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Be glad Royal doesn't sail out of New York City.  That's $45.00/night.  Bayonne recently raised theirs to $30.00/night.

Yeah.  The difference is there is open land all over not far from PC.  Not so much in NY area.  Miami parking is pretty expensive everywhere relative to other areas of Florida, but still cheap relative to NY I’m sure.  

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe so, PE carges about same rate, but only actual days

Had a late departure in Miami in March and got charged an extra day because we were 5 minutes past our entry time. Nice lady working the gate fixed it

Did one out of Miami for the first time in a while this March.  After doing mostly PE that last 12-13 years since Oasis came out, not a fan of Miami at all.  Miami used to be the typical port back in the day.  The port facility was fine, but the logistics/infrastructure to get their are not exactly easy.  PE much easier IMO.  Maybe I’m just used to it and need to get readjusted to Miami.  But I hate Miami traffic and heavy traffic doesn’t bother me.  Just Miami traffic.  

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

Yeah.  The difference is there is open land all over not far from PC.  Not so much in NY area.  Miami parking is pretty expensive everywhere relative to other areas of Florida, but still cheap relative to NY I’m sure.  

Just last night, I was hammer out my next trip up to Bayonne and pricing it out.  The most expensive option surprisingly, was driving up day of and parking, because parking by itself at the port would be $420.00 for my 14 night this fall.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Still cheaper than Miami

For our Serenade B2B transit out of Miami it actually worked out cheaper to take the train down the day before, spend a night in a Hotel and take the train back to Orlando at the end than it would have cost just to park. The parking alone would have been more than $700.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Yeah, that parking scam started over 10 years ago.  And then the offsite parking lots started doing the same thing.

So for example (if there were numbered spots).....parking spot #117 has a vehicle there in the morning waiting for pax to get off the ship that day.   They have paid for parking for the whole day there, even if they leave at 8 am.  Spot is now empty.   Next pax pulls into #117 an hour later...pays for that whole day.  Double bang for the buck (both in and out) for the parking lots sites.    

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

For our Serenade B2B transit out of Miami it actually worked out cheaper to take the train down the day before, spend a night in a Hotel and take the train back to Orlando at the end than it would have cost just to park. The parking alone would have been more than $700.

I wish they would put a station in at Cocoa.   Used to be one there..now it's a restaurant called "Ashleys".   

• Like 1

What I find strange 

March at Miami we did a 7 night and we paid $175.00 at a rate of $25.00 per day 

We knew the rate was $25 per day going in and paid for 7 days ONLY

Guess Miami doesn’t  charge an extra day like all the cruise ports that have been doing it for 10 years 🤪

business model 101 LMFAO 

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

There we go 😎

I like math that makes sense and will happily pay for what it should be 

Probably never paid much attention before, but our December bill for $136 now makes sense at $17 x8 for a 7 night cruise 

And the new rate of $18 also makes sense too 👍🏻

Thanks 

I know your question has already been answered, but to reinforce what others have stated…I live in Florida and always drive to ports in Florida when cruising (12-15 per year). As far back as I can remember every port in Florida charges you for both embarkation day and debarkation day.