Cabin direction

Plan to book Anthem....a large balcony.  Even though there are few left for January, 24, if anyone has ever stayed in one, would you please share your cabin number? I have Vertigo.  I need for the sofa and bed to be facing forward.  As I am sitting on the sofa, the direction I am seeing is going the same direction as the ship. Thank you.

Patty00

1 minute ago, Patty00 said:

Plan to book Anthem....a large balcony.  Even though there are few left for January, 24, if anyone has ever stayed in one, would you please share your cabin number? I have Vertigo.  I need for the sofa and bed to be facing forward.  As I am sitting on the sofa, the direction I am seeing is going the same direction as the ship. Thank you.

Patty00

Post cabin numbers thst you are looking at, it can be figured out by those that know cabin layouts.

You will have sofas and beds facing both directions for balcony cabins 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

58 minutes ago, Patty00 said:

Patty00

As you are probably aware but worth mentioning , the Epley maneuver is beneficial for those suffering from vertigo. There are videos on youtube .

7 hours ago, Patty00 said:

Patty00

There's quite a few of us with the same problem. We have a starboard cabin booked on the Oasis for late June and, since I have no idea if the bed faces forward (sure hope so) or aft, am already planning if aft to have the room steward remake the beds to make sure I'm facing forward when I sleep. 

On 5/5/2023 at 11:49 PM, Loracpin2 said:

There's quite a few of us with the same problem. We have a starboard cabin booked on the Oasis for late June and, since I have no idea if the bed faces forward (sure hope so) or aft, am already planning if aft to have the room steward remake the beds to make sure I'm facing forward when I sleep. 

Thank you.  I wish we could do something to alert RC of this problem and it is necessary for us to know the direction our cabin is going.

On 5/5/2023 at 3:59 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Post cabin numbers thst you are looking at, it can be figured out by those that know cabin layouts.

Thank you.  Actually, it is every other cabin the beds face the opposite direction. So, I have a 50/50 chance. With Vertigo, it is medically important to face the direction the cabin is cruising.  No one at RC has layouts....not even "support assist" .  They do have  directions the cabin is facing on Celebrity.  RC needs to get with it!!

• Like 1

Just now, Patty00 said:

Thank you.  Actually, it is every other cabin the beds face the opposite direction. So, I have a 50/50 chance. With Vertigo, it is medically important to face the direction the cabin is cruising.  No one at RC has layouts....not even "support assist" .  They do have  directions the cabin is facing on Celebrity.  RC needs to get with it!!

Lots of us, including myself can tell you in most cases if we have cabin numbers.

Just now, Patty00 said:

If you know side by side cabins face opposite, can't you use various websites that have pictures of cabins and extrapolate the one you're in? 

Perhaps this might help, search for cruisedeckplan.com. Click on the cruise ship icon top left and choose your ship then deck.  Some cabins have a you tube video of the cabin, maybe you can figure out from there.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Patty00 said:

A completely agree. The cruise Critic Celebrity S-class spread sheets have been my life-line when booking port side cabins.  I know that if the bed is by the balcony, I will be facing the forward direction the ship is sailing.

Since this will most likely be our last RCI sailing, as I mentioed in post 4, " I am already planning, if the bed faces aft, to have the room steward remake the beds to make sure I'm facing forward when I sleep. 

10 hours ago, Patty00 said:

Curious how which way the bed and sofa faces impacts your vertigo? I was diagnosed with vertigo years ago but fortunately I have never had any issues when cruising and never even thought or worried about which way the bed faced.

Are you taking anything for your vertigo? My vertigo used to be so bad that I ended up frequently vomiting and on a few occasions my wife called 911. A couple of years ago my doctor put me on Meclizine. It has significantly helped control my vertigo, which has dramatically improved my quality of life. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 3:57 PM, Patty00 said:

Patty00

cruise deck plans dot com

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 3:59 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Thank you.  I think we are now changing to a JS.  Not sure which cabin or how to post this question. Maybe just post a few cabin numbers ?  Were should I post it? We just returned from the Oasis and got a half size balcony cabin because it was connecting to a suite.  Smallest cabin I have ever been in....no sofa.  Wasn't told that it was  connecting. We ended up changing the beds ourselves to the direction the ship was cruising.

18 minutes ago, Patty00 said:

Thank you.  I think we are now changing to a JS.  Not sure which cabin or how to post this question. Maybe just post a few cabin numbers ?  Were should I post it? We just returned from the Oasis and got a half size balcony cabin because it was connecting to a suite.  Smallest cabin I have ever been in....no sofa.  Wasn't told that it was  connecting. We ended up changing the beds ourselves to the direction the ship was cruising.

For the junior suties you will have to search videos for each room you ate lookingcat as yhere isnt the set pattern that balconies have. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.  I just saw the JS price and will change to a large balcony cabin.  On the cruise that I am looking at all standard balcony cabins are closed.  I could wait until the agencies release them but by then it will be the same price as a large.  i watched you tube and the few shown were not helpful.  Usually I can count every other one and how the bed is facing.  I need for my feet to be going forward while laying in bed due to Vertigo.Do you have any suggestions? 

Again, thank you everyone.  Actually, cruise deck plans has a generic photo of a bed, sofa, etc. on their website.  I could not get a direction.  Two RC people sent me emails with the incorrect information.  So, for our last cruise my husband just moved the beds in the right direction.  I do not consider it a problem any longer. Problem solved!

47 minutes ago, Patty00 said:

Again, thank you everyone.  Actually, cruise deck plans has a generic photo of a bed, sofa, etc. on their website.  I could not get a direction.  Two RC people sent me emails with the incorrect information.  So, for our last cruise my husband just moved the beds in the right direction.  I do not consider it a problem any longer. Problem solved!

Happy to know I'm not the only one who has to book a cabin that, when lying in bed my body has to be facing forward moving with the forward with the direction of the ship. We have a large starboard balcony cabin booked on the Oasis in July and unfortunately, unlike other cruise line deck photos, there is no way of knowing the direction of the bed so we also plan on moving the beds in the right direction. 

53 minutes ago, Patty00 said:

The trick to using that site to find a cabin oriented in the same direction as the one you want is to scrolll down the page to find one that has pictures or videos. Cabins are installed in pairs so every other one will have the same orientation and configuration.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, akcruz said:

As has been stated on here before, if you provide some cabin numbers there are thise that can tell you which way the beds will face for balcony cabins and below.  

Followed recommendations. Did my research on cruise deck plans .com and our the bed in our Oasis  starboard cabin 10592 is facing forward!!!

Thank you ALL!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, azureblue50 said:

Perhaps this might help, search for cruisedeckplan.com. Click on the cruise ship icon top left and choose your ship then deck.  Some cabins have a you tube video of the cabin, maybe you can figure out from there.  

I always do this and never pick a cabin I have not seen the layout.  There is a small fee, less than $10 for a 1 or 2 year membership, to view the photo's but it is worth every penny.

Not being snide, just curious.  I just can't figure out how anyone can tell which direction a ship is moving while in the cabin, apart from looking out the window.  And what happens when the ship backs into the pier early in the morning?  As an OV cabin person, my bed is sideways to the way the ship is moving.  I sleep better on a ship than at home.  In an inside cabin, I might never think about which way the bed is facing.  How about sleeping in a moving motorhome?  Or a sleeping compartment on a train?  So many questions.....

• Like 1