Penthouse Veranda 1, 2 or 3

Krazy4Kruisin'

2 minutes ago, Krazy4Kruisin' said:

What is the difference between the 3 levels of the penthouse veranda suites? They seem to all have the same size and amenities. 

They all have the same layout, same square footage, same amenities/benefits.

Only difference is location on the ship.

The descriptions are lumped together, for example, for 1, 2, and 3:

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-saturn.html

PV1:  Forware and aft on Deck 6,  aft on Deck 5

PV2:  Forward on Deck 5

PV3:  Forward on Deck 4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

They all have the same layout, same square footage, same amenities/benefits.

Only difference is location on the ship.

The descriptions are lumped together, for example, for 1, 2, and 3:

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-saturn.html

PV1:  Forware and aft on Deck 6,  aft on Deck 5

PV2:  Forward on Deck 5

PV3:  Forward on Deck 4

Thank you. We are in a PV2, and was just wondering. They are priced differently, with PV1 being more expensive and PV3 being least expensive. But only by approx $100.

13 minutes ago, Krazy4Kruisin' said:

Thank you. We are in a PV2, and was just wondering. They are priced differently, with PV1 being more expensive and PV3 being least expensive. But only by approx $100.

Yes they are usually $100 apart from each other, but occasionally there is a $200 difference between each PV.   

We've been in all 3 but like the PV2's a lot.  You might also consider that half the PV's have slider doors to the balconies and half of them have swing open doorknob doors.  Lots of threads on Cruise Critic on which people prefer and why.  People have posted diagrams of which rooms have sliders and which have doors.  Basically they lay out 2 sliders, then 2 doors, then 2 sliders, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes they are usually $100 apart from each other, but occasionally there is a $200 difference between each PV.   

We've been in all 3 but like the PV2's a lot.  You might also consider that half the PV's have slider doors to the balconies and half of them have swing open doorknob doors.  Lots of threads on Cruise Critic on which people prefer and why.  People have posted diagrams of which rooms have sliders and which have doors.  Basically they lay out 2 sliders, then 2 doors, then 2 sliders, and so on.

We are in a PV with the 2 doors.  TBH, I don’t get the preference of slider over door after having lived with a door for the last 137 days.  It doesn’t matter to me.

33 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

We are in a PV with the 2 doors.  TBH, I don’t get the preference of slider over door after having lived with a door for the last 137 days.  It doesn’t matter to me.

I’ve relayed this before, but it sure made a difference to us having a door and not a slider in the No. Atlantic in Sept. 2019 in a howling gale. DH likes to go outside at night just to see what’s happening—he nearly got crushed by that door! Sliders for us since then!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

We had the door/window combination on our WC for 148 days.  We never went back.  Sliders for us ever since.  Just hate squeezing into the corner behind the desk to get out.  And we experienced the same thing as Linda in some rough weather.  But, to each their own.

6 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

I’ve relayed this before, but it sure made a difference to us having a door and not a slider in the No. Atlantic in Sept. 2019 in a howling gale. DH likes to go outside at night just to see what’s happening—he nearly got crushed by that door! Sliders for us since then!

Your post tickled my funny bone.  I have this image of your DH in the middle of a gale in the middle of the ocean , wanting to see "What is happening outside ". .. does he have Viking blood in him ? 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Your post tickled my funny bone.  I have this image of your DH in the middle of a gale in the middle of the ocean , wanting to see "What is happening outside ". .. does he have Viking blood in him ? 😀

He actually does—1/4 Danish! 🔱

• Like 3