Behind the Scenes Tour price hike

Wow.

I was someone who really liked the Behind the Scenes Tours, and did several of them.  I've been bummed they've not been available on the last few cruises and was thrilled when I noticed they were back for our cruise in two weeks.

Until I noticed the price!  $175CAD, nearly twice what it was the last time I did one.

Wow, I know it's been a bit and I don't think they liked doing them but this seems a bit high!

18 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Price varies with ship.

Really?  Interesting.  I've only done tours on the older ships, Pearl, Dawn, Jewel, etc.  The Joy was the first newer class that had a tour offered on it.  Wonder why the range.

30 minutes ago, OttawaJohn said:

Really?  Interesting.  I've only done tours on the older ships, Pearl, Dawn, Jewel, etc.  The Joy was the first newer class that had a tour offered on it.  Wonder why the range.

Supply v demand, a lot more guests on the bigger ships and possibly different levels of access.

previously the paid tour on the breakaway/+ class ships had: theatre dressing rooms/backstage, food storage freezers and meat processing, main galley, recycling centre, laundry and a walk through the main crew area. The paid tour is normally on the last sea day , at least the couple of times I did it. There used to be free photo taken for each person on the tour in the galley and you get it printed and mounted by the end of the tour.

AFAIK the free tour that higher grade latitudes gets has been a bit more limited and they don’t get the photo.

The new paid tour seems to have expanded into more technical areas of the ship like the engineering areas and bridge in addition to what was on the old version. Or at least that’s how the description reads for Bliss anyway.